Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Bluechel

Practically Family
I hope the measurements are correct. In the picture, the measuring method looks rather unusual. It wouldn't be the first time that the measuring tape has been placed in such a way that the customer's numbers are visible, but the measurements are actually too large or too small.
Yes the “zero” starting mark seems random and irrelevant as a starting point, but I’m optimistic. The other measurements in other pics look fine, I just need armhole clarification (estimated as good) neck circumference and collar height. Still…

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Anyone with any experience with their horsehide and pull-up leathers?

Looks like they have listed some new jackets (new to me at least).

2-or-more

New in Town
I've got whiskey brown horsehide biker jacket. I think the leather is really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_203756.jpg
    IMG_20231103_203756.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 159

KBlake

One Too Many
Anyone with any experience with their horsehide and pull-up leathers?

Looks like they have listed some new jackets (new to me at least).

[/URL]
[/URL]
Yes see my post above that's the pull-up. I love it. The color is very rich. I asked for a thicker hide and its extremely thick and will last forever. If you don't want it to be stiff and require break in don't ask for a thick hide.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
I've got whiskey brown horsehide biker jacket. I think the leather is really nice.
Yes, it looks very nice. I was thinking about ordering the same jacket. How do you like the cut? Is it more V- or Y-shaped or a regular cut with little taper?

Wonder if they could pull off a vintage Schott Perfecto copy (with slim sleeves and no underarm footballs).

Last edited:

Bluechel

Practically Family
Yes, it's close to five pounds all in but that includes at least a half pound of hardware. Let's call the leather three pounds. Not sure how I feel yet about the results, but that was all concluded back on page 343....

Bluechel

Practically Family
But it's really all about fit, and that is SPOT ON....I'll do a break-in and see how it goes....

Bluechel

Practically Family
Ultimately 5 star jackets aren't bad, but they also aren't great. Even the best of 5 Star is really mediocre at best. They are just OK. I was never 100% satisfied with a single jacket. I won't buy another. While it was fun to play designer for awhile, the end results were never quite as I hoped. I always figured I could solve the problems of one jacket on the next one but it never worked out that way. The custom process is very affordable with them but when the end result is so mediocre....the perceived value loses all it's luster.
This is your summary, and cost wise I think I completely agree, but there's an old saying...."well, find out for yourself!" yep.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
What's their thickest leather currently? Found the premium goat to be quite thin (and lacking in shine, to be frank).

Bluechel

Practically Family
I think the main disconnect (as many have already pointed out) is the leather itself, in both thickness and appearance. The weight and look is just not what most of us are accustomed to and tends to say “mall jacket” initially at least. There is a break in period for any of us now to see how the jacket responds, since we are not dealing in a beautiful naked cowhide or even the kind of goat we see at a place like Langlitz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld