Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit pics of shorter versions of the Aero Wayfarer/Halfbelts?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I completely agree with this. Particularly true for motorcycle cross zips and trucker jackets imo.
I hear this a lot, that people think cross zip mc jackets are hard to pull off. I never really thought about that when I bought mine. Personally I think the mc cross zip is a pretty versatile jacket. I wear mine with a dress shirt and dress shoes just as easily as I wear it with rugged boots and a thick knit sweater. But maybe that's due to the fact that my elmc Roadstar is medium/lightweight and quite fitted. I would say it's more of a fashion jacket than a true heavy duty all weather mc jacket. I'm not sure a heavy and though Cal would go well with dress shoes :)

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I hear this a lot, that people think cross zip mc jackets are hard to pull off. I never really thought about that when I bought mine. Personally I think the mc cross zip is a pretty versatile jacket. I wear mine with a dress shirt and dress shoes just as easily as I wear it with rugged boots and a thick knit sweater. But maybe that's due to the fact that my elmc Roadstar is medium/lightweight and quite fitted. I would say it's more of a fashion jacket than a true heavy duty all weather mc jacket. I'm not sure a heavy and though Cal would go well with dress shoes :)

imho this works with most jackets. Maybe less with a Carharrt or a sixties hippy sheepskin coat, but often. I've worn cafe racers, truckers, etc. with chinos or suit pants and dress shoes and I thought it looked good. I think the advantage of leather jackets is that you can combine them as you like and get a different style every time.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Ah, sorry I wasn’t being clear. I was referring specifically to the length of the jacket. I agree that a cross zip jacket is very versatile, I think they look equally good dressed up with short and tie as with jeans and a T-shirt.
However, make the back 26” on a cross zip and a trucker (on an average height person) and it rarely looks good. Just my opinion of course.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Ah, sorry I wasn’t being clear. I was referring specifically to the length of the jacket. I agree that a cross zip jacket is very versatile, I think they look equally good dressed up with short and tie as with jeans and a T-shirt.
However, make the back 26” on a cross zip and a trucker (on an average height person) and it rarely looks good. Just my opinion of course.
I fully agree. Some styles aren't meant to be worn with low-rise pants. Elongating the jacket in order to accommodate low rise pants just looks wrong.

This is a cool jacket but I would have liked it even better if it were 3 inches shorter.
download.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I fully agree. Some styles aren't meant to be worn with low-rise pants. Elongating the jacket in order to accommodate low rise pants just looks wrong.

This is a cool jacket but I would have liked it even better if it were 3 inches shorter.
View attachment 290727

For me the length ruins the whole jacket. It could have been a really nice jacket if it only had been 3 inches shorter.

willyto

One Too Many
imho this works with most jackets. Maybe less with a Carharrt or a sixties hippy sheepskin coat, but often. I've worn cafe racers, truckers, etc. with chinos or suit pants and dress shoes and I thought it looked good. I think the advantage of leather jackets is that you can combine them as you like and get a different style every time.
If you take a look at catalogues from the era in the 30s and 40s or even 50s a lot of the jackets are pictures with men wearing dress pleated trousers, dress shoes (Derby shoes mind you) and ties. Also not every jacket was short even in our prefered shorter styles.

They aren't just meant for workwear outfits.

o48v4fH.jpg

CeZmj06.jpg

ML6PMZ9.jpg

CHldzIf.jpg

WeVIake.jpg

E9fx18T.jpg

VvPK2bA.jpg

WZObEpz.jpg

Last edited:

nattevagten

A-List Customer
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for but this is how my 30’s half belt fit me. Sold it. Which feels super stupid when I look at these pictures. This had a back length of 23 or 23.5 inches if I remember correctly. I’m 181 cm tall.

View attachment 288715 View attachment 288716
A great fit there. How did you feel about the back length? I'm just as tall as you and considering 24". Probably no reason to go longer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82