Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit pics of shorter versions of the Aero Wayfarer/Halfbelts?

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I wonder if I shouldn't even try a half belt.
I especially like the Aero Wayfarer.
The picture search unfortunately only resulted in a few fit pics and on those the jacket is longer than I would prefer.
So if you have fit pics of shorter versions, please post it here.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for but this is how my 30’s half belt fit me. Sold it. Which feels super stupid when I look at these pictures. This had a back length of 23 or 23.5 inches if I remember correctly. I’m 181 cm tall.

E6B2E635-04C5-4D93-95BD-DCAFB1109263.jpeg
A1AE0273-D239-4BC5-809C-C1AE6B23D40C.jpeg

I just missed out on a second hand Wayfarer. The back length was 67cm. Not incredibly long for a taller guy. I’m 5’10” and usually take a 24.5-25 inch back on an Aero.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all of your posts.
I'm afraid the pattern of this jacket will be too long, even if I would of course have it made to my measurements.
My jackets are ideally 67/68 cm long, but if the halfbelt is in the right place for me, it will look disproportionate. Or the halfbelt is then too high up.
I think I'll postpone the idea of the halfbelt and invest in a Sheene.

marker2037

Practically Family
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for but this is how my 30’s half belt fit me. Sold it. Which feels super stupid when I look at these pictures. This had a back length of 23 or 23.5 inches if I remember correctly. I’m 181 cm tall.

View attachment 288715 View attachment 288716
I would like to reiterate how stupid it was of you to sell this. It's literally the best brown CXL I've ever seen.

Edward

Bartender
The wayfarer is a longer style. It's supposed to end at the hips. I don't think Aero would be keen on altering the pattern to make it a waist length jacket.

Agreed. Since 2012, Ken's been pretty strict on not altering patterns radically, as distinct from a small tweak like sleeve length. The best thing to do, as ever, is talk to Aero... it could be that what you want can be done, or there may be another model that is closer to what you're actually after.

Seems to me that the assessment of jacket length also largely depends on pants rise.

There's an element of personal taste to it, but certainly you have to take into account the whole outfit. For those who want to wear modern "low rise" jeans (like 501s, which used to be called 'hipster cut' round my way, but that term seems to have been lost as hipster came to mean something else and confused things...), a longer jacket will look better as it will cover the gap. The problem comes in when people want to elongate - or shorten - a jacket without considering the balance of the design. A couple of years ago, I saw a lot of Perfecto-style jackets being worn by the fashion crowd, except they were wearing them cut a good four or five inches longer than the original design. Threw the balance all off and it looked dreadful. Sometimes for a particular jacket or whatever to look right, you just have to commit to the overall look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82