Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora's F/S 6 Dobb's and 1 Mallory

paperclerk101

New in Town
I am helping a friend of the family clean house. She is in the process of getting ready to sell her home and move into a retirement community. Her husband passed a couple years ago and she can't handle the house.

No bleeding hearts here, just some back up.

6 Fedora's and one Dobb's Military Pilots hat.

Here are some not so good pictures...sorry I am tired so this post will not contain exact colors etc...

All seem to be in excellent condition, no moth issues and no sweat ( well major anyway) marks.

Some have boxes, but not sure which Fedora goes with the box.

As far as price...you got me I figure around $50-$75 each, better prices for purchasing more than one. Shipping extra and at cost. All seem to be 7 1/8 but I think one was 7 1/4.

You don't know me, so don't blame you for caution. I sell on eBay a lot and then seem to buy more than I make...I use this handle paperclerk101 on all my sites and paperclerk is my eBay handle.

If I am way out of line let me know but I think, from what I see anyway these are fair prices for vintage Fedora's in this shape, likely priced somewhat low...got me

732-710-1190

Dobbsa.jpg

dobbsb.jpg

dobbsc.jpg

dobbsd.jpg

dobbse.jpg

mallory.jpg

militarydobbs.jpg

paperclerk101

New in Town
This is a Fedora site isn't it?

Sorry I'm the new guy...how dare I just come and try to sell, I have said the same thing 100 x's on the Forums I spend most of my X on...that said...I'm not a crazy, forum robbing sales guy. Just a simple stay at home father with a few Fedora's to sell. To make a little cash, so I can still buy toys, I buy and sell on eBay, do some odd jobs and bother customer service people on the phone asking for discounts.

It's fun...

That said, these Fedora's are beautiful and were obviously cared for and worn with respect. The gentleman who owned them was a TWA Captain for his whole career, and a pilot in WW II. His wife is an amazing woman who was born in Egypt and has lived all over the world...hence the Pilot husband, and currently resides in Rumson NJ.

We decided that we would try to move everything to collectors who would appreciate "all this stuff" Her words. That is why I am starting here. If it were up to my wife it would be a garage sale or garbage...shes a neat freak...anyway let me know if interested.

thanks for listening

Dave
732-710-1190

RedPop4

One Too Many
Those are some nice hats, Paper. I'd suggest you post around the forums here a bit, and let people get to know you. You're right, you're the new guy, and I think established members will be a bit wary.

The Fedora Lounge has a private message feature, however, you don't have access to it until you hit 15 or 20 posts. Some members uses PMs to conduct business when contacting a seller, rather than hashing out a sale using posts on a thread. It is encouraging that you're willing to share your phone number.

Best to you, and I hope things work out for you.

paperclerk101

New in Town
I hear ya

Always tough to be the new guy.

If someone wanted one or more hopefully...I'll tell you this...if they are an established member and a moderator can vouch for them. I would ship it to them before they pay...so long as they pay for the shipping up front.

I get the feeling that this is a site for gentleman, so I am not worried.

Dave

paperclerk101

New in Town
The Crusher Cap is the real deal

Sorry I am slow with this info, I didn't even know the term Crusher Cap till Yesterday.

The Gentleman who wore the hat was a colonel (US Army AAF Air Corps) in WWII and flew some plane called a c102 bang bang or POP POP or something due to there engines blowing up so often. After some time at that he ended up being the personal pilot to Averell Harriman and was while he was the Ambassador to Russia during and after WW II.

Later after the war he was A/The General Manager of flying at TWA

His wife said "he was quite a snappy dressser"
I guess he had quite a few more Fedora's but after his 1st stroke some 10 years ago now, they pitched the ones that were in poor shape...they were not going out as much, so didn't need as many. I guess they threw away maybe 15.

Anyway, They are all Vintage and I can send other pictures, just let me know what you want.

Dave

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The crusher was the deal of the week. Looks super nice.

The rest are a little "Stingy," meaning they have short brims. In very general terms, stingy brimmed hats are much more common as they are generally more recent. They are also all in very commonly seen small sizes.

They all look very nice, and I am certain all of them will find new homes soon. Please keep them available for awhile?

Someone should snatch up that Homburg...

paperclerk101

New in Town
I see what you are saying

They are of a smaller size both due to 7 or 7 1/4 and the rim.

I did notice that the larger size Fedora's get more bids.

Lets say $50 each...if you buy more than one, each after the 1st is $40.
Shipping is still at cost, I would prefer Money Order...Postal Money Orders.
Best way to protect you and me.

I have 3 Dobb's Boxes.
One is in the picture, I have another one just like that and a 3rd which is square and is 2x's a big, set up for 2 hats. Also have the box that is in the Crusher cap pic. 1st come 1st serve on the single boxes, but one per person.
The double box for someone who buys 2, or you can have the box under the Crusher.

the 4th fedora is perfect like the rest, just has a spot, it isn't a hole and looks like it would come out NP.

Dave

paperclerk101

New in Town
I put the Crusher Cap on eBay

if interested to see/buy whatever here is the auction # 320118442990.

Thanks again,
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe