Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Loungers on MySpace

panamag8or

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Thanks for posting Dismuke, I'm totally addicted to Radio Dismuke now! I've been looking for a source for music from exactly this era for a long time--not too jangly 20s, not too smooth late 30s/40. Great stuff!

I'm getting hooked, too. Great music.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've had one since about the same time that I joined FL. (It's my home page on my profile.) I was very addictive with it for a few weeks, then I decided FL was a lot more fun, with more sense of real human connection. I'm very fascinated by the viral aspect of Myspace. It seems to have a life of its own. You add more "friends" just for the sake of doing it. You post little one sentence "comments", that have almost no meaningful content. You post bunches of pix of yourself grinnig at the camera. As Bob Dylan said decades ago "Ain't no use talkin' to me, it's just like talkin' to you!" 178,000,000 grinning idiots. If you put something meaningful about yourself, or try to create a real relationship from it, you obviously don't understand it! One fascinating thing you do see very quickly is how many members of the human race have almost no distinctive individuality. The same boilerplate descriptions on milllions of Myspace pages! That's why I like FL. ALL individuals ALL the time! But I intend to add everybody on this thread to my Myspace page! There's still something wonderfully mind numbing, or maybe mindnumbingly wonderful, about doing Myspace! Go figure!!!

missjo

Practically Family
ive got a website, a weblog, a online photoalbum and am on several forums, so to me myspace will be nothing more then a calling card, letting people know who I am.
To me it will just be a way to get into contact with people who are also into the 1930s-1940s.
Im not going upkeep it much and will only add Retro friends.
In the future I will probably neglect it and ask people to come to my websites or email me if they really want to contact me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe