Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite type of Coat

Wolfmanjack said:
My favorite coat is the camel hair 'polo' coat. It can be worn with white tie and tails (Remember William Holden in Sunset Boulevard)[/IMG]
It's a beautiful overcoat, maybe the best type of overcoat ever. William Holden's character in "Sunset Boulevard" was offered a vicuna version of that coat, but he refused it and stayed with the camel hair. Vicuna is just about the most expensive wool fabric of all.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
What a splendid looking coat! I love the bulk of a double breasted coat to keep the gusts out. Jack, where is it from?
I have a single-breasted overcoat from Benetton that is like a car coat in length.

This is a picture of a group of us at the Globe Theatre in London sometime in April. Can you spot which guy is me?
England2006115.jpg

mikepara

Practically Family
Third Reich has...

..Everything it ever did or wanted to do, to be sorry about forever except their General Officer Leather Coats. I wont lower the tone by pasting a Nazi big wig wearing a lovely coat on here (we all know what they looked like) but I would love one. Question is in Black or Brown?

Ghos7 easy! Your the one with style..Your class mates and yourself look like they are having fun!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
MK, is that the same coat that showed how much better fit it was than the newer one? At any rate, it looks good! :eusa_clap
I would love to wear real fur coats as much as I wanted. But this is an area of vintage clothing I need to do more research on...to see what style of coats I like best

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Snazzy overcoat there Ghos7. As for leather...eh, I'm not one for leather trenchcoats. I originally started this thread to talk about coats, like a suit coat but I guess its in the same category :p For a long coat, I would like double breasted in either a grey or black and a wide collar and lapel (something to be worn in the rain too). I have my sights on a London Fog coat for winter. I have a feeling we're in for a wet one!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Ahhh- well, would that belong more in the suit section? If that is the case, I love 6x2 double breasted jackets. The vintage ones let me keep a slim silhouette while still bulking up a little.

Doug C

Practically Family
I'm in the market for an oversized "Duffle" coat, to wear over my leather jacket on those really cold days. Ralph Lauren used to sell one that had the wooden toggle buttons that fastened with rope loops and a nice roomy hood on the back.

Doug C

nightandthecity

Practically Family
presuming we mean coats and not jackets (in our local dialect a "coat" can mean both) I'd plump for the 1930s-50s British Officers rubberized canvas "mackintosh" (sometimes called the riding mac) or the same period British Officer's poplin trench coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe