Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Summer Drink

KAT

A-List Customer
lol lol i see i see;)
but the worst part of it is..half germany i going on a vacation there
silly people:eusa_doh: lol

thats what i call "DRINKING IN STYLE"

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Didn't you invent the Mojito, Hemingway?

For little get togethers sangria and mixed drinks are fine, but Mojitos and Juleps are too darn much work for a hot summer day of tippling on me tot. G&T is getting there, I throw a dash of bitters in for a bit of zip, or a splash of red vermouth. Sometimes I make a summer martini which is just a very cold regular martini with some fresh rosemary from my garden twisted into it.

My favourite drink for suummer, at the track or in my backyard, is tall, a very tall, Makers Mark on ice (Wild Turkey if I'm not picking well).

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

It's hard to beat a small glass of chilled, well-made muscadine wine on a hot summer evening.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Zohar said:
It's hard to beat a small glass of chilled, well-made muscadine wine on a hot summer evening.

Man, you could be drinking Lysol in your backyard and it's all good. You have that sweet, sweet view.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
In the U.S., it's lemonade with vodka. In South America, it's vodka with lemonade.

Soon after arriving in Chile, I made an astonishing discovery: when you order, say, a Rum & Coke at a bar there, they give you a tall glass HALF FULL with rum, and a bottle of Coke on the side. Screwdrivers are half full with vodka. Bars, restaurants and even dance clubs never skimp on the alcohol. Why, oh why isn't it the same here?

By the way ... outside of the Cuba-embargoing U.S.A., a Rum & Coke is known as a "Cuba Libre" ("Free Cuba").

KAT

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
In the U.S., it's lemonade with vodka. In South America, it's vodka with lemonade.

Soon after arriving in Chile, I make a wonderful discovery: when you order, say, a rum and Coke at a bar there, they give you a tall glass HALF FULL with rum, and a bottle of Coke on the side. Screwdrivers are half full with vodka. Bars, restaurants and even dance clubs never skimp on the alcohol. Why, oh why isn't it the same here?

if anybodys missing me.........you can find me in Chile:D

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
jake_fink said:
Man, you could be drinking Lysol in your backyard and it's all good. You have that sweet, sweet view.

Unfortunately, we'll be leaving our current location with the ponds and wisteria soon as we have bought 4 acres adjacent my wife's parents' farm. However, it gives me the chance to start anew, and get the acreage exactly the way I want it. As I said in an email to a good friend the other day:

zohar in email said:
I want to set it up exactly like a traditional Southern homestead, with at least 2 muscadine grapevines, rows of pecan trees,and scattered fig trees, peach trees, plum trees, pomegranate bushes, crabapple trees, and crape myrtle trees lining the driveway. I want an outdoor sink attached to my old shed where we can slice up watermelons, or clean a good catch of bream from the pond. Add azaleas blooming in the spring, and fresh honey from a couple of bee hives, and I think it adds up to a very small slice of heaven on earth.

It will be many years before I'm getting any substantial fruit from the trees and vines, but it will be worth all the work 30 years from now.

Mike K.

One Too Many
...on the beach with drink in hand!!

For a good summertime drink, you certainly can't go wrong with a good mojito, but also a daiquiri (lime not strawberry, etc.) or margarita will do nicely. For the bold ones out there, try drinking a sex with an alligator! Or, for a real treat, have a pirate's painkiller (the recipe is secret but I can tell you it's got a little pineapple, orange, coconut, lime, rum, and a few other things). Be careful...just one and you'll be done!

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Marc Chevalier said:
What, no sharecroppers?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Sharecroppers were folks that farmed land for another land owner, in exchange for a share of the profits from the sale of the crops (which my grandfather did during the great depression before he went off to the south pacific).

In that case, no, I won't be having anybody else farm the land for me. We only grow a small garden for our personal use.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

No offense taken. Don't worry about it.

Another drink that I like while working in the yard on a hot summer day is iced sweet tea, or lemonade from a mason jar.

KAT

A-List Customer
I heard "Tequila Boom Boom" is a smasher!
When you are able to finish the whole glass you see those http://www.geocities.com/elefant.geo/Postcards/Burchard.jpg
right away and it makes "BOOM BOOM"lol

CHEERS ,
KAT

cocktails262626.jpg

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
So many choices, so little time...

Gee, summer drinks...

Daquiris may sound sort if trite but they're mighty fine on a hot summer evening... sour ones are my favourites. Since they're sort of a pain, I rarely make them.

I also love a crisp very cold beer and and well chilled dry white wines.

Cointreau over ice after dinner is another favorite.

A cautionary note about the fruit in sangria... it's lethally full of alcohol! I well recall an after-college-grown-up party when the hostess thought sangria would be a great (and only) drink of the evening. We ate the fruit and... most everyone spent the night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld