Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I was reading in Forbes a few years back that an entrepreneur in Scottsdale, AZ has the rights to the Packard name and was planning on building cars in the $200,000 price range. I haven't heard about it since.

Wild Root

Gone Home
What I saw last weekend...

There was a car show here in Monrovia last weekend, I took the camera and saw a few nice cars... since Packard was mentioned, and here are a few photos of a 1941 Packard One Sixty convertible I saw... one word... YES!

carshow8cy1.jpg

carshow9uz4.jpg

carshow10vq6.jpg

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
You can have the photos free of charge Marc ;)

A very nice '51 Hudson Hornet.

carshow1zj6.jpg

A super fine '47 Cadillac two door fastback... and it's two toned!

carshow6xr0.jpg

interior...
carshow3eh6.jpg

from the rear...
carshow5ot4.jpg

A '41 Ford Convertible... needs new paint but, nice color.
carshow15fb2.jpg

Two nice early Fords... a '32 pickup and a '33 Roadster painted as a '30's stock racer! I liked that one plenty... very well done!

carshow19wd2.jpg

A very nice restoration of a '39 Ford Business coupe... note the World's Fair plates!

1232311imgap4.jpg

carshow24uw8.jpg

carshow25xx5.jpg

Ejoy!

=WR=

up196

A-List Customer
The 1947 Cadillac

About 4 yrears ago, we were driving through Metairie, Louisiana in my '31 Ford sedan when a guy pulls up at an intersection in a '47 Caddilac. We both nodded and he leans out the window and yells "One day I want to get an old car like that!" It was hilarious.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Dinerman said:
excuse me? needs new paint? That's patina! It's a look!

Patina? lol... sounds like something I'd say about my car... it's just a cheep way of getting out of painting a car really. lol

If that guy painted that '41, he'd have a $35,000+ car on his hands. My car has bad paint but, it's a four door... convertibles to me should have a nice paint job. ;) I would change the color of the rims though... ew.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
up196 said:
About 4 yrears ago, we were driving through Metairie, Louisiana in my '31 Ford sedan when a guy pulls up at an intersection in a '47 Caddilac. We both nodded and he leans out the window and yells "One day I want to get an old car like that!" It was hilarious.

That is hilarious! Funny story there up196!

I recall coming to a four way stop sign and seeing this 1914 type of early car coming down the road to meet me at the stop. I think it was an Olds or something but, it was an open car, nothing more the four wheels, a motor, oil lamps and two seats... it was pretty early.

So, the guy meets me at the stop; I look at him and he looks at me... I said: And people tell me my car is old! lol The guy laughs and says: Youth before age... or something like that... we go our way.;)

Old cars are so much fun... you never know what kind of funny story you'll have to tell of who you met and what you talked about... life has really become more interesting for me since I've owned my '46.

Keep'em driving!

=WR=

What kills me is that every day there is some kid who wants to buy a car I am driving off me---even at a stoplight. The answer is always no. If I wanted to sell it there would be a for sale sign in the window! :rolleyes:
I am no fool though. For the right price everything is for sale. I would sell one of them for $100,000. That usually shuts them up. :p

Regards,

J

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I LOVE convertibles...just about any convertible would do, preferably from the mid-30s to late 40s.
But I also enjoy the big bad Lincoln Zephyrs & the Buick 8s, but overall...keepin' it Mopar is the way to go...Desoto's are amazing rides & a Chrysler isn't all that bad either. But, Plymouth is at the top of the Mopar list...especially the 1937 I just bought.
c0_3.JPG

Kool Kar!

Congrats!

LuckyKat said:
I LOVE convertibles...just about any convertible would do, preferably from the mid-30s to late 40s.
But I also enjoy the big bad Lincoln Zephyrs & the Buick 8s, but overall...keepin' it Mopar is the way to go...Desoto's are amazing rides & a Chrysler isn't all that bad either. But, Plymouth is at the top of the Mopar list...especially the 1937 I just bought.
c0_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe