Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy Ribbons and Vintage Hats

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Tango, I was thinking about that wild double bound brim when I started this thread. Very cool.

jpbales

Practically Family
Tango Yankee said:
And a Resistol:

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

Check out the thread for more photos and a description of how they were done.

Cheers,
Tom

that is sweet

cookie

I'll Lock Up
tonyb said:
I was drawn to the ribbon on this hat ...

IMGP1157-1.jpg

.. when I first spotted it in the vintage shop. The hat doesn't fit me, but I bought it anyway, seeing how it's a fine lookin' lid in unused condition and its sweatband indicates that it was bought new at a long-defunct hat shop (Scott's, at Second and Seneca in Seattle). And the price was well within reason.

What is that a Baku or some rare straw?

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Don't know if this is vintage or not but it is sort of old,it is a Country Gentleman and I got it at an estate sale and it has a paisley ribbon... I am not a paisley kind of guy but don't want to change the ribbon and take away it's original value, if it even has any value, but a nice hat in excellent condition and a perfect fit for my noggin....

2mcev50.jpg

cookie said:
What is that a Baku or some rare straw?

No, I think it's just ("just," he says) Ecuadorian toquilla. There's a United Hatters union label stuck to the inside of the crown, and the sweatband says it's a "Genuine Panama" and "Woven in Ecuador." No cartouche stamped inside the crown, though, but there are some pencil marks. It's not a super-tight, high-count weave, but it's truly in as-new condition. And it's a real sharp-lookin' lid, so it might make good barter material at some point. Not that I'm in a rush to be rid of it.

Hatmakur

Suspended
Rick Blaine said:
Ribbon detail from my Stevens Pace Setter "The Royalist"

DSC_0074-1.jpg

I think this is one of the prettiest ribbons I have ever seen. I believe Major Moore made one similar to this for Bob C ??? In a blue that if possible is even prettier than this one.

just_me

Practically Family
This is a great thread filled with terrific hats and some incredibly interesting ribbons. Thanks everyone for posting them.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow....

You guys are giving me some amazing ideas for Ribbon Treatments......:eusa_clap

Like TonyB had stated about his panama......

I was attracted too this Mallory because of it's Ribbon. I couldn't say if it's Vintage though.....[huh]

MalloryPanama1.jpg
MalloryPanama2.jpg

It now has a front pinch in it.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:

I was attracted too this Mallory because of it's Ribbon. I couldn't say if it's Vintage though.....[huh]

MalloryPanama1.jpg
MalloryPanama2.jpg

That's just absolutely beautiful!!! Where can I get one in 7 1/8? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This guy is fancy from top to bottom with his triple bow, fedora creased homburg and his button boots.

34938u.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Nice lid Bolt. 6 7/8+, no wonder you have such a fine collection!

bolthead said:

MalloryPanama1.jpg
MalloryPanama2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust