Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

8a3d54621f57b978d45001b4031b97c8.jpg

13336ebdf8eef757ae38d600ef06af42.jpg

My baby enjoying an afternoon at a local park.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My kids played in this creek for about 2 hours (got completely soaked) and then, when a passing rain shower caught us they went scurrying for one of the picnic pavilions so they wouldn't get wet.

In some strange way, that makes sense. [huh]

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Ballet recital day - Lily's last preschool class. She will start the youth program in January after taking a break to settle into the school schedule for Kindergarten, which starts in 2 weeks.

20150817_120627-1_zpsp7spy7oe.jpg

Great pic, Babydoll!
Mine opted out of dance this coming fall, wanted to take drama instead.

Nobert that's a wonderful photo. Congrats to your folks.

Pawineguy, your a good and brave Dad. I notice you've got the death grip on one of 'em there. :) I've got 3 boys (and some girls) so the museum trips can be trying at times, to say the least.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great pic, Babydoll!
Mine opted out of dance this coming fall, wanted to take drama instead.

Nobert that's a wonderful photo. Congrats to your folks.

Pawineguy, your a good and brave Dad. I notice you've got the death grip on one of 'em there. :) I've got 3 boys (and some girls) so the museum trips can be trying at times, to say the least.

Haha, no, that's my 14 year old in the middle grabbing the arm of one of the 11 year old twins. The older one had just looked up the value of that Van Gogh (50 million +) and he was keeping his brother from even pointing at it lest his hand get too close to the canvas. I did my share of herding this trip, too much priceless art to trust them too much.

Haha, no, that's my 14 year old in the middle grabbing the arm of one of the 11 year old twins. The older one had just looked up the value of that Van Gogh (50 million +) and he was keeping his brother from even pointing at it lest his hand get too close to the canvas. I did my share of herding this trip, too much priceless art to trust them too much.
Understandable. Tell him good work.
We've made a few forays to the local art museum when they were having kid friendly events, but we didn't venture much into the regular exhibit space. They have, however, successfully toured the space museum, the flight museum, and the museum of natural history around here.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

My grandchildren had a good time yesterday playing together. They took some blankets and made a fort on the front porch. I'm glad they are the kind of children who will play outside and use their imagination rather than sit in front of the TV or on their smartphones playing video games all day.

By the way, those are some of the same old blankets my Maw made years ago. The ones that I used to play with in much the same way.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
^^^

I recall a family Thanksgiving get together & noticed a little kid about 2-3 with headsets & watching either a movie or playing
a game on a tiny box. Another time the game consisted of how fast & how many people could be killed with a weapon on
the app game.

What went through my mind was that around that age, my entertainment was an old broom stick & I went outside to play
stick ball with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood. :D

BTW: Luv the blanket !
The one I had was made so that no Frankenstein or werewolf could penetrate & my dog jake was there to make sure I could
sleep in peace.

Last edited:

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I'm glad they are the kind of children who will play outside and use their imagination rather than sit in front of the TV or on their smartphones playing video games all day.
That's how we were. I would ride my bike literally all day sometimes. We explored, too--just had to steer clear of mountain lions and rattlesnakes.

^^^

I recall a family Thanksgiving get together & noticed a little kid about 2-3 with headsets & watching either a movie or playing
a game on a tiny box. Another time the game consisted of how fast & how many people could be killed with a weapon on
the app game.

What went through my mind was that around that age, my entertainment was an old broom stick & I went outside to play
stick ball with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood. :D

BTW: Luv the blanket !
The one I had was made so that no Frankenstein or werewolf could penetrate & my dog jake was there to make sure I could
sleep in peace.

A big Saturday - at a certain age - growing up was if my mom would buy us a new wiffle ball (electrical tape can only prolong its life so long), so that we could play in the street (too many cars and other breakable items for any other type of ball and we all knew everyone in the neighborhood and wouldn't think of breaking someone's window etc.). She would give me one (or sometimes two wiffle balls) in the morning and, other than for snacks, not expect to see me again until it got dark.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken