Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Speaking of mechanics, we were hard at work on the mowers today:

11402990_10153387996829330_8839242964031482014_n.jpg

The only rider we've ever bought new, we bought that MTD in '05. I will never buy ANYTHING with a 2-blade deck again. PERIOD. We're cleaning it up, hoping the guy I bought the Simplicity from on Father's Day will take it as partial trade on a 50" Simplicity Conquest he has for sale, too.

Then the Broadmoor will go to the Cabin.

I'll take the orange one. Yard Machines have not been kind to me. :p

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I'm still weird, yes. One of my friends describes me as "the cool kind of quirky." She says those types find each other and bond immediately. She's one of those, too.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Three of the four grandchildren sitting down for dinner today. We had fresh green beans, squash, and potatoes from our garden, as well as a homemade egg custard pie (with eggs from our chickens) for desert. Add to that a good roast and homemade bread, and it's a meal fit for a king.

It's also good to be able to sit at the same table where six generations of the family have taken their meals. That's the kind of connection I like.

Three of the four grandchildren sitting down for dinner today. We had fresh green beans, squash, and potatoes from our garden, as well as a homemade egg custard pie (with eggs from our chickens) for desert. Add to that a good roast and homemade bread, and it's a meal fit for a king.

It's also good to be able to sit at the same table where six generations of the family have taken their meals. That's the kind of connection I like.

That is a great looking room!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ian%20and%20Ireta%20at%20Graduation_zpsyikt32p7.jpg

"Puddin' and our son at her graduation. She received her "Doctorate of Occupational Therapy" this past April. Now if we could just get him successfully "launched" I could happily slide into decrepitude!

Worf

What a great photo! And a doctorate! That is a wonderful accomplishment!

Worf, I'm so glad AmateisGal posted about your photo as I missed your post (life has gotten quite busy lately and my FL time is suffering), but I had to comment on what a great looking family you have. Also, a doctorate - that is impressive. There are ways to slide by in college - nobody slides by to get a doctorate.

It's still a tough economy - especially for the young kids just starting out - so it's understandable it's hard to get your son "launched" as you said. But if he keeps at it, it will click - my best wishes go out to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken