Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

And further, to throw in my 2¢, after reading and somewhat paying attention these last few days to the discourse on hippies, I have come to the conclusion that Herr Powers may be describing what I would call squatters. SF is a hotbed of them, as well as AusTex, N.O.LA, Atl and many other urban centers. They even drift through B'ham here regularly and hang around the 5 pts neighborhood. The tenderloin is like ground zero for them.
I had thought (mistakenly) that his animosity was toward the birkenstock wearin' Phish lovin' potheads that are annoysome but harmless, but his more recent, accurate description sounds more like the panhandling, self-pissing,transient derelicts who set up drum circles in the park whilst eating 'shrooms and guzzling natty light that they panhandled the 2$ for.
Most folks I think of as hippies around my parts have jobs and can buy their own pot and acid.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I agree, James was kicked out of the commune.
While everyone was making things to support the collective, like hacky sacks and hemp belts, James unknowingly made a grave mistake.
A mistake that was unforgiveable and got him banished.
James used his grandmother's recipe for LYE SOAP. Once the cakes dried, and the others figured out what it was, he was banished for good.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
While everyone was making things to support the collective, like hacky sacks and hemp belts, James unknowingly made a grave mistake.
James used his grandmother's recipe for LYE SOAP. Once the cakes dried, and the others figured out what it was, he was banished for good.

Lye Soap?

Bust Down!

[video=youtube_share;KJNcF1CXD74]http://youtu.be/KJNcF1CXD74[/video]

You have me confused with Keanu Reeves. lol lol Except he still stinks. :p

And further, to throw in my 2¢, after reading and somewhat paying attention these last few days to the discourse on hippies, I have come to the conclusion that Herr Powers may be describing what I would call squatters. SF is a hotbed of them, as well as AusTex, N.O.LA, Atl and many other urban centers. They even drift through B'ham here regularly and hang around the 5 pts neighborhood. The tenderloin is like ground zero for them.
I had thought (mistakenly) that his animosity was toward the birkenstock wearin' Phish lovin' potheads that are annoysome but harmless, but his more recent, accurate description sounds more like the panhandling, self-pissing,transient derelicts who set up drum circles in the park whilst eating 'shrooms and guzzling natty light that they panhandled the 2$ for.
Most folks I think of as hippies around my parts have jobs and can buy their own pot and acid.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Well Transient Derelicts are today's hippies. lol lol Those other types are a different type of insidious hippie that eats at neighborhoods by attracting drug dealers and crime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld