Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Well blow me down....I'm a bit late to this Festival Of Hate on the hippy (that's how we spell it over here) but I'm convinced from the bile that the breed must have been different in America. In England our hippies tended to be clean, the only smell from them was an occasional waft of incense or patchouli or Ylang-ylang oil. Their hair was fresh and shiny, they smiled a lot and were a welcome and colourful crew in a world of unpleasant surly bigots who thought that boys with long hair were "faggoty" . This misguided (and homophobic) view often stemmed from the jealousy that the uptight right-wing boors felt towards those that were young attractive and getting happily laid 24/7.
Still--that's my experience in England ....peace and love and expanded consciousness may be different on the other side of the pond...

Well blow me down....I'm a bit late to this Festival Of Hate on the hippy (that's how we spell it over here) but I'm convinced from the bile that the breed must have been different in America. In England our hippies tended to be clean, the only smell from them was an occasional waft of incense or patchouli or Ylang-ylang oil. Their hair was fresh and shiny, they smiled a lot and were a welcome and colourful crew in a world of unpleasant surly bigots who thought that boys with long hair were "faggoty" . This misguided (and homophobic) view often stemmed from the jealousy that the uptight right-wing boors felt towards those that were young attractive and getting happily laid 24/7.
Still--that's my experience in England ....peace and love and expanded consciousness may be different on the other side of the pond...

Man, you never experienced our hippies. They aren't clean. They stink. Their hair is greasy and nasty. I have no idea of their breeding habits and I don't want to know.
Leave it to the English to civilize hippie. :rofl:

This misguided (and homophobic) view often stemmed from the jealousy that the uptight right-wing boors felt towards those that were young attractive and getting happily laid 24/7.

I can't rightly speak for Merry Old England but the amount of out of wedlock births in this country proves that one definitely doesn't have to be young and attractive to get happily laid 24/7. In some cases after seeing the mother or father (or both) I'm amazed that someone was actually willing to procreate with this person. :p

I can't rightly speak for Merry Old England but the amount of out of wedlock births in this country proves that one definitely doesn't have to be young and attractive to get happily laid 24/7. In some cases after seeing the mother or father (or both) I'm amazed that someone was actually willing to procreate with this person. :p

Yeah that big time. lol lol lol

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Uh, who mentioned the second one? I think we can give that one a rest. :rolleyes:

Laudanum is for Sherlock Holmes.

You did, dear James.

I doubt there ever were true hippies then because my contact with them has never been one in which the dope smoking, long-haired, faggot infested types were passive in any way...

You appear to be so very angry. What a terrible pity...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld