Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everybody! Please post pictures of your 3/4 length buttoned jackets here!

Jim Knopf

New in Town
Hello, everybody

as proud owner of a Aero Hercules in Vintage brown horsehide and with Black watch - lining I think my first post should be in this thread by Jan Solo. I have watched his posting of beautiful Horsehide jackets in particular the longer versions for a while and always enjoyed his profound contributions. I will try to post some pictures of my jacket later.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
I got my Veste de Rallye back from Aero a few weeks ago. I need to take some pics but it's 90+ F here! I'll put them here when I get a chance.

PS has anyone noticed that the Veste de Rallye is no longer being listed on Aero USA's ebay store website? [huh] I can't imagine Mark decided to stop selling them.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Here are a few shots of my LW Horsehide while doing a little traveling in France. This jacket is as tough as they come I will wear it forever.

1261-A.jpg

1086-A.jpg

115-1.jpg

1312.jpg

140-A.jpg

093.jpg

010-2.jpg

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the delay. Here it is:

Aero Veste de Rallye
- Medium weight horsehide, black
- Size 40 (true size: 42)
- Jetted pockets
- Bi-swing back
- No storm cuffs
- Black alpaca lining
- 2 interior pockets, snap closure
- Pronounced taper (see below for detail)

4800659396_b36768690c.jpg

4800659560_89db8d381a.jpg

4800025825_73b59529fa.jpg

I specified a jetted pocket as I'm not very tall so I didn't want to traditional Veste de Rallye pocket flaps to add more horizontal lines to my figure.

4800025671_d732f35e54.jpg

Interior button pockets (2) with button snaps. Perfect for the cell phone and other small items.

4800026193_3df39dcdaa.jpg

One piece back with bi-swing back. This is one BIG piece of horsehide! I love the medium weight horsehide; it's buttery soft compared to regular FQHH.

4800660134_b38e27d8ab.jpg

Closeup of the bi-swing back.

4800024933_c7ac3f7f6a.jpg

Now for the aggressive taper. This was probably the most tricky part of the jacket, and a taper is not something that you normally see on the boxy Veste de Rallye cut. I think Aero did a great job in customizing their stock cut for me. I folded the arms in so you can see how the width from one's latissimus dorsi (lat muscle) dives down into the waist.

I tape out at 42 chest, 32 waist so this means I have a 10" drop. The taper prevents the jacket from "swallowing" me at the waist, while allowing me ample room in the chest.

Check out how Aero didn't make it too narrow at the bottom. I tape at a 37 hip so they had to keep the cut from turning into an "hourglass" shape, which is a bit too feminine. This cut from Aero hangs straight down from the waist so there is no flare at the hips but it still permits ample room for movement.

A bang up job by Aero, for sure.

4800025051_3fd4a68260.jpg

Sorry no fit pics right now. It was 94 degrees F today and humid. Won't be wearing this jacket for quite some time!

JohnRawson1944

New in Town
classy style - nice 3/4 jacket

I would like to post pics of my 3/4 horsehide jacket - sorry but I do not get how to post here - any helping guide is welcome - collecting and wearing mostly vintage horsehide jackets for years now I would like to share my passion with you to show off my beautyfull jackets - even I prefere aero, I love to wear other classy vintage horsehide leather jackets - please advise me how to post pix - so you can enjoy them too

JohnRawson1944

New in Town
...honestly don´t get it wrong

no, please don´t get me wrong - I don´t want to sell my horsehide jackets - I just would love to show you my collection of vintage aero and other other horsehide jackets - I wear them myself ONLY - no sale - please let me know how to upload pix - thank you

crimsonofsam

One of the Regulars
JohnRawson1944 said:
I would like to post pics of my 3/4 horsehide jacket - sorry but I do not get how to post here - any helping guide is welcome - collecting and wearing mostly vintage horsehide jackets for years now I would like to share my passion with you to show off my beautyfull jackets - even I prefere aero, I love to wear other classy vintage horsehide leather jackets - please advise me how to post pix - so you can enjoy them too

Visit some photo storing sites like photobucket,flickr, or snapfish.The best method would be using a digital camera but a scanner or cell phone will do the trick as well.

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
IMG_0369.jpg

Gibson & Barnes Hudson jacket, size 40. No hat with it, still looking for one that would work - my porkpie looks silly with it, and ditto for the straw plantation hat. Then again, it is July and 96 degrees F outside, so I've got time to make up my mind. lol

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
^^ Geronimo, I like that a lot. :eusa_clap I wish I was a bit taller, then I could wear a double-breasted coat like that. It looks great on you, especially with the tie.

PS I don't know if you've ever played the video game Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City. If you get the chance, the protagonist in the sub-story "The Ballad of Gay Tony", Luis Lopez, wears an outfit almost exactly like yours: black leather double-breasted button-up leather jacket and tie.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Gents, great jackets so far. Although I am missing the manufacturer on some posts.

Ace, cracking looking Veste de Rallye. That one piece back without yoke but with bi-swing arrangement looks so cool! Aero's "big three" look so much better when they are slightly waisted. This should be standard although some might feel it compromises the period look.... I don't care:D

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
^^ Jan, I'm with you! While I realize the VdR is intended to be boxy, for those who can get away with a taper I think it makes the look much sleeker. In a big jacket I feel like I'm wearing a cavernous pillowcase. I can't wait until the weather gets colder so I can finally wear that jacket.

edqc

New in Town
My order:

+ Custom 38 Cheyenne in seal veg tanned goatskin.
+ 1-2" shortened length from cheyenne pattern
+ 25.5" sleeves
+ Really warm and thick darkbrown alpaca lining.
+ Wine sateen over alpaca lining for the sleeves
+ Fit should be trim, normal wear will be with just a t-shirt, but will use sweater some months.
+ Stockman patch pockets with scalloped pocket flaps. (sligthly more scalloped then standard)
+ No handwarmer pockets.
+ Vertical left inside pocket in the facing with press button closure
+ Curved Highwayman yoke.
+ 3-piece back
+ Engineered storm cuffs

Right out of the box:
1.jpg

And after wearing for a winter and fall.
(bad pic i know but its dark out now)
P1040169.JPG

Notice the creases on the arms. They are fat because of the alpaca in the arms.
This is all wear that shows for now, along with cellphone bulk and pocket flaps.
Color is like new except on the inside
of the collar:
inside.jpg

More pics:
3.jpg

Notice the toy goat. Is it put there deliberately by me? Who knows.

5.jpg

6.jpg

The skin is of a fantastic thickness:
thickness.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

_11.jpg
can u tell me how heavy the stockman in FQHH weight .thanks

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hi.

The jacket in the pictures is a Cheyenne in goat, so I think somone else have to ansver this. Safe to say, it will be heavy.

jenkins

New in Town
Hi Sierra,

I'm just about ordering a jacket like yours, and since your one looks perfect fit and is size 42 that I'm also thinking of, can you please let me know your measures (length, chest, shoulders), would be of great help for me.

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
Here are some pictures of me wearing my buddy's Teamster in the size 36. I love how most of the jacket fits me.. Had the sleeves been a half inch longer, I would have bought it from him..

IMG_20140712_142744.jpg

IMG_20140712_142931.jpg

IMG_20140712_143231.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe