Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Estimate of Value Please

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
I have a buddy w/ an old jacket. He never wears it and has blossomed a little since he bought it. What had been a closet queen and was worn rarely is now that unicorn that was retired since nearly new. He bought it at least 25 years ago and to my eye it looks flawless. It's definitely not completely broken in yet.

It's a cop jacket like the Brando / Wild Ones model I see pics of on this site. The model IIRC is a Vanson C2 and it's 2" longer than the norm as my buddy's 6'2" with a torso to leg ratio that favors the torso. I'd guess it's around a US 46 or so, ballpark but don't know for sure.

The jacket is freakishly heavy compared to any similar jacket I've got but I've never checked its exact weight.

Here's the deal. I've bought other leather jackets from him and have pondered this jacket a bunch. I'm a little more torso than leg-centric myself and even the extra length is like I ordered it for me but there's one thing that I can't let go of. I can hold a Brando and I can admire a Brando but as soon as I put one on and look in the mirror I immediately notice that I'm just not capable of wearing one. I look in the mirror and see an affectation when I wear it and something altogether different when the right guy wears it.

So, outside of the aspect that I can't fix I'd like to know what the group's estimate of value for something like that might be. I can see if I can snag some pics but I don't have any ATM. Understanding that it's sight unseen and there's no way to provide pics quickly, do you have an idea of what you think something like that might be worth in vintage but nearly new condition?

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
In good condition, $250-300. It was probably $450-500 when new, and to have them make one now $769, maybe more if custom sizing is needed.

If it's thrashed to hell, lower, unless you really love the exact way it's been beat up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamarasilvt