Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Erich Hartmann" Jacket

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
WoW

Gents,
A great photo album indeed! I WAS planning to shoot my jacket, but it seems as though I am now off the hook! Great detail as previously pointed out, and 3 cheers to the album/jacket owner.
Tails Up!
ShanghaiJack

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I don't think any of us are 'fans' of the Nazis Mycroft. But depending on how much understanding you have, of course, it is possible to seperate the term; 'Nazi' and the concept of 'Germany'. Remember- America were pretty quick to grab Werner von Braun who 'helped' develop rockets- that was surely a good idea. I don't make much of a Nazi association with modern rockets-
-but I guess I could... more of a German one perhaps...

And a jacket is just a piece of leather unless you're wearing a swastika.
Then chances are, you're probably a re-enactor.

BT.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's the British Royal family we're talking about- namely Prince Harry.
German roots... but that's a few years before the Nazis. They changed their family name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor during WW1.
_40716791_sun203ok.jpg

No, it was young Prince Harry- made the mistake of going to a party dressed in Party uniform- Nazi Party that is, Swastika and all- kind of.
But I though he was trying for the Sid Vicious look, not the Nazi look- I think he was misinterpreted... misunderstood youth, huh?
Caused a big stink in England- a silly idea.
Royalty ties? ties or ties?

BT.

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
One thing to remember is that there was no standard Luftwaffe jacket. German pilots purchased their own.

Still, the Hartman jacket could have been marketed as a French motocyle jacket but was not.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
...not until later in the war- the jet/rocket pilots were issued full leather suits- jacket and pants- very nice they were too. and there were some leather variants of the "channel suit" jacket in leather which were issue items. The Lutwaffe had many differing variations for flight gear and combinations of these.
I was quite normal for squadrons to "shop" for the same type of commercial jacket though, esprit de corps and all.

BT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld