Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Have you had a bad experience with this seller Drifter Productions? Never bought anything online. I may be 35 but I am old fashion.

I've bought a jacket from him once, at a reasonable discount off retail (I think it was $750 for an Eastman jacket that normally was $1300). I didn't have any problem with him as a eBay seller, but apparently some on the forum have had experiences with him, I don't know the details, but it earned him some reputation here. As far as I know, it was just that he had a disagreeable personality, but it was before my time and I don't really know. Those who were involved may follow up with specifics.

Reactions: SJC

SJC

Suspended
I've bought a jacket from him once, at a reasonable discount off retail (I think it was $750 for an Eastman jacket that normally was $1300). I didn't have any problem with him as a eBay seller, but apparently some on the forum have had experiences with him, I don't know the details, but it earned him some reputation here. As far as I know, it was just that he had a disagreeable personality, but it was before my time and I don't really know. Those who were involved may follow up with specifics.
Oh yeah, I am not into the drama . That's why I love this site. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and insightful. $750 is a Great price for an ELMC. I hope I am that lucky one day.

SJC

Suspended
I must say he has some really incredible jackets for sale. Love the Rhoad Scholar one too . Just none my size. Such as life. :-(

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a jacket from him earlier this year. It was shipped promptly and I was happy with my purchase.

Thuggee

Practically Family
Have you had a bad experience with this seller Drifter Productions? Never bought anything online. I may be 35 but I am old fashioned.

I've bought 2 jackets from his eBay store both transactions were easy with no issues to report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seres

A-List Customer
I also bought a jacket from Drifter/RJL, a few months ago. Good communications before and after the sale, well packed, and fast shipping.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
I believe some of the animus toward this person is related to his dealings with Simmons Bilt who many people here despise quite unfairly in my personal opinion but to each their own.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
As I have mentioned in another thread , I bought a Schott HH café racer from Drifter on eBay , 100% all good.

Shipping price to Perth western Australia was fine as well. No dramas to report from me !

SJC

Suspended
As I have mentioned in another thread , I bought a Schott HH café racer from Drifter on eBay , 100% all good.

Shipping price to Perth western Australia was fine as well. No dramas to report from me !My Schott in.horsehide was shipped to me from their operations in New Jersey . Are you not loving the horsehide ? I know I am .

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
You won't have any issues buying from Drifterproductions, his products and prices are legit. Any reputation he may have is due to a time he was a member here and posted a bit.. he used the site and the threads to promote his sales

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I think there was some issue with him using photos taken from other makers websites on listings of diferent jackets he was selling, mostly Alexander Leathers/Simmons bilt as said.

He was actually signed up here as a Vendor but he wasn't on here for long. Made an impression though it seems!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I got my Eastman Star from Drifter on ebay. Pretty straightforward purchase, though it shipped from somewhere in the US than Beverly Hills, so shipping wasn't immediate to the LA area. I'll admit to feeling a tiny bit of guilt with it, as tbh I'd much rather support Charles at HPA, who really goes the extra mile with everything. But the jacket was right there, and I'm impulsive.

SJC

Suspended
You won't have any issues buying from Drifterproductions, his products and prices are legit. Any reputation he may have is due to a time he was a member here and posted a bit.. he used the site and the threads to promote his sales
I wonder how he can offer these higher quality leather jackets at a better price . Maybe they were floor models with light scratches and are blow outs ?

SJC

Suspended
I got my Eastman Star from Drifter on ebay. Pretty straightforward purchase, though it shipped from somewhere in the US than Beverly Hills, so shipping wasn't immediate to the LA area. I'll admit to feeling a tiny bit of guilt with it, as tbh I'd much rather support Charles at HPA, who really goes the extra mile with everything. But the jacket was right there, and I'm impulsive.
Please Send me a picture of your Eastman . I'm in love with this brand now dude.

Edward

Bartender
I believe some of the animus toward this person is related to his dealings with Simmons Bilt who many people here despise quite unfairly in my personal opinion but to each their own.

I think some of his posts will still be visible in the archives, others were removed. He was an abrasive personality who didn't do himself any favours in these parts. The main bone of contention that I remember was that he was in the habit of including Aero's name and trademarks in the titles of his ebay auctions to draw traffic to his sales of Alexander Leather jackets, as they then were. This is a breach both of eBay's own rules and trademark law. My understanding is that this stopped after Aero put in a formal complaint to eBay re abuse of their trademarks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld