Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edwardian Professional Woman's Hat

Purplesage

One Too Many
The lady who sold me this hat said it was a "Professional Woman's Hat" of the Edwardian era. It's in overall very good condition considering it would be over 100 years old. It is made of fur felt but since I'm not an expert I can not say what type of fur. The only defects are some age related felt lose on the top of the brim and a small area of the liner edge has come unstitched, which should be an easy fix. The black satin liner has a round stitched opening in the top. Maybe one of the ladies on the FL could tell me what the opening would be for. There are no identifiable markings on the hat so I can't say who it was made by. The brim is approx 3" with a 1/2" black fur trim and the crown is approx. 4" which is wrapped in a wide black grosgrain ribbon and elaborate bow which essentially surrounds the crown. The top of the brim is brown fur and the underside is black long hair fur. The crown top is also black fur felt. The circumference is approx. 23 3/4". $249.00 plus shipping.

photo3-40_zps0c49235e.jpg

photo1-40_zpsb3522b59.jpg

photo5-57_zpsfc600137.jpg

photo2-65_zps8be25825.jpg

photo3-32_zpsd4490423.jpg

Purplesage

One Too Many
It's in better shape then when I got it. I had to carefully steam out the crown. The individual I bought it from packed it into a box way too small and the crown was really bent out of shape. Fortunately the brim wasn't damaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe