Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay sellers' apathy

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone else noticed that some sellers are not even acknowledging that you paid immediately AND gave them positive feedback anymore? My last 2 purchases from like 4 and 5 weeks ago were never acknowledged even after emailing the seller. Oh well[huh]

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
eBay buyers do the same to me. I sold a great deadstock item to one guy, left him positive feedback, and he left me zilch. After a MONTH, I e-mailed him asking for any kind of feedback. He didn't reply, and he didn't leave feedback. Phooey!

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Some sellers do wait to give you a positive feedback AFTER you give them one, NOT after you've paid them (even by Paypal).

Me, I give positive feedback immediately after the buyer pays me. I don't wait until he leaves me one before I could give mine. The point is: He Paid. That's reason enough for a positive feedback right away. I don't understand the reason behind why some Ebayers wait even after an instant payment by Paypal.

Oh well, I'll still do it the right way. :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What ticks me off is that you pay asap, and they they ship it when they're good and ready. I get so tired of waiting for somethings to come. And OY, the way some are packaged!
Nikki

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
I won a Dux Episkop bakelite projector near the beginning of July. I paid immediately after the auction was over. Three days later I received an e-mail stating the package would be mailed out on Friday (three days after the e-mail).

I waited a week and it never arrived. I e-mailed the seller and he said he only gets to the post office once a week as it is a major hassle to do so. He said he forgot my package when it went to the post office and it would be another week before he was going.

I waited a week and sent him a friendly e-mail reminder on Thursday so he would not forget on Friday. I waited a week and nothing arrived. I e-mailed him again and no response. I waited a few days and e-mailed again. He replied that he went on vacation and that someone was supposed to "pick up" the packages but since he never did it this way before the packages never got picked up. He said he was mailing it out that day via Priority Mail. I waited 5 days (Priority Mail is 3 days) and nothing. I sent an e-mail per day for 4 days before he responded (yes, I know I was being a pest at this point - but I paid extra initially for Priority Mail).

He finally responded on the fourth day and said he put the wrong address on my package and it was just returned and that he was going to mail it out that day. I told him that I was willing to work with him and I wanted to remain amicable. I told him I was a straight shooter and that I didn't like being jerked around and that if there was some issue we could work through it together. I received no response - but almost a week later (this past Friday) I received my package:

The package was an old cardboard box the size of a shoebox - the projector was inside with some newspaper - the postage label said Parcel Post and was $4.38. He charged me $24 bucks for shipping - nice fee avoidance there pally.

He has over 1100 transactions with a 99.6 % positive feedback. I noticed that most of his feeback is left 6-8 weeks after the auction ends. It seems as if he is in the habit of not shipping out items for well over a month. I should have left him negative feedback - I just him neutral.

On a positive note - a kind lady I won a Stromberg-Carlson tube radio from on eBay quoted me a shipping charge of $15 and then I got an e-mail a day after I paid - she said that she went to the post office and shipping was only $12.25 cents - she was writing to apologize and inform me that she refunded me $2.75 via PayPal. That made my day! She received glowing feedback :)

Twitch

Interesting but probably somewhat typical I guess Matt. One seems honest and square at least.

The new ratings that the seller can't see should help this, I hope. I had one not as bad as yours with delays and checked shipping in a low category though all the other aspects were good really. 4 out of 5 thing were positive so I didn't feel complled to even be neutral.

Edward

Bartender
I've been on eBay since 2002 and spent a hell of al ot of money on there. I've only been ripped off the once, so far (though it's looking at the minutel ike that's happened again - phooey! :mad: ). In that time it has come around that it's very much the exception for a seller to give feedback until after the buyer does. I think it's a way of preserving a strike back if the buyer leaves negative feedback. I know I'd be reluctant to do so as the standard response is to leave negative feedback by way of return, and I do like my 100% positive record to date.... I have left a neutral or two in the past, and there have been cases where I've not been entirely thrilled, so I didn't leave any feedback at all. I probably missed gettnig soem from those sellers, then, but OTOH I avoided getting some pissy strikeback myself.... alas, such is the way of the world.

Undertow

I've noticed this problem with about three sellers lately. They waited almost a month to leave me positive feedback AFTER I'd paid instantly, received the items in the mail AND left them feedback. My goodness, give me a break.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe