Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Another first-time vintage purchaser!

I just won my first auction for a vintage hat:

Link to Item

Got it cheaply enough, even with shipping, and I have some PayPal balance remaining from some items I sold a while ago that's been burning a hole in my pocket.

The brim is a little thinner than I would usually shop for, but looks like a good lid.

Any opinions or comments (positive or negative) are greatly welcome.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hat Head said:
I just won my first auction for a vintage hat:

Link to Item

Got it cheaply enough, even with shipping, and I have some PayPal balance remaining from some items I sold a while ago that's been burning a hole in my pocket.

The brim is a little thinner than I would usually shop for, but looks like a good lid.

Any opinions or comments (positive or negative) are greatly welcome.
You got yourself a great hat and you're gonna love it.
I have a few resistols and I like everyone of them. I also have one the "Jet" models, it's the 707.
You got this hat at an extremely cheap price, considering your head size. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I think this one has promise...

5e43_12.jpg

5c47_12.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

kaosharper1

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
The presence of the corrugation at the front of the sweat, coupled with the cloth size tag, seem like pretty good indicators that you've got yourself a vintage lid that could well go back 50 years.

Cheers,
JtL

Wow. Neat. Thanks, and I'll post pics when I get it.

vjramire

New in Town
My maiden post:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Lounge. I got sucked into the hat world with a Monticristi (~800wpi) from panamahatsdirect.com this summer. Long story short, body is excellent, but the brim (quality of weave) and finishing works dissapointing, but I still love it and wore it all through till the cold weather came. I have been looking for some hats for the winter and picked these up on the 'Bay.
Vintage Biltmore Long Haired Beaver Hat
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160231089577
Vintage Knox Custom Edge Hat
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350120787034
I've had the Biltmore for a couple days now, getting used to the 'stingy brim'. Its not as crazy looking as the pictures are, but I still get some stares :) . I have to say my preference is with a longer brim, but I guess that's why we shop for other hats right?
Anyway, just won the Knox, but don't know much about it. Can anyone fill me in on the felt material and any other history? It also looks like it has a 'Cavanagh Edge' based on the 'Custom Edge' logo on the sweatband.
Anyway, I'm exited to be part of this forum! I still can't believe I've been on this forum for hours already!
Cheers!
Vince

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Weilcome VJ....

You did well with you're 1st 2 purchases, needless to say, you're officially hooked now. Bad news is, you're the same size as me. :eusa_doh:
I love the Knox and so will you, it's a great Lid, your's is very old school with the tall crown and short brim.....very cool. Be sure to post a pic of it on your noggin' when it shows up.

vjramire

New in Town
Dont worry bolthead, I'm not planning on picking up that many hats... at least that's what I'm telling my wife. Anyway, I think I may be more of a 6 3/4 than an 6 7/8 but they fit pretty good too.;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
That's a nice looking lid. Since you have $41.45 in it, have you considered have it refurbished/reblocked into a look you like better?
220b_12.JPG
1cff_12.JPG
27c9_12.JPG
2c68_12.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe