Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Picked this up on eBay today... Cool story behind The hat, if true, but I thought a nice older Stetson would be a nice add. I have never seen this liner before. I think this is a full western vs. open road, but still worth a shot for the price. Story was that this is a WWII soldiers personal hat sold in an estate sale and showed the letter where he was recommended for a bronze star. I just thought it was cool and the price was right.

That was one of the hats I was watching, but I decided to get this 7x cleaver beaver instead.
7xcb1.jpg

7xcb2.jpg

7xcb3.jpg

For $60 + shipping (autch) I think it was a steal.
It's gonna be my first CB!

Mystic

Practically Family
'Tis the season to be jolly.....

Haven't bought a hat in over 7 months. Waded into the waters of the Bay and on a whim bought me this Barrister because of the brim width, ribbon width, condition, curiosity and it went real cheap....

On arrival, at first I thought I had bought some Snowflake Christmas lights......It was my Barrister. Turns out to be a nice hat on the same quality of some of my 50's Adams hats. With some TLC I think I'll like it.

Some Holiday hat humor:
IMG_1744_zps2c9101ad.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1745_zps041ee810.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1746_zps50ef5f8b.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1747_zpsd10ca626.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1748_zps8ab6f9df.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1753_zps8826d737.jpg
[/IMG]

barrowjh

One Too Many
Mystic - humorous! great looking hat also. I think we all despise shipments in under-sized cartons; an intentional crushing from inception. The shipping and delivery process introduce enough hazards already, starting off with intent to crush the hat obviates normal shipping and delivery risk with malice. Most of the time it doesn't matter, since I am going to clean the hat and reshape it anyway. You will have big fun reshaping that one, looks like really nice felt, 1950s or earlier.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mystic - looks like it's got potential. One of my favourite vintage finds arrived flattened having been posted in a plastic bag... Thankfully it responded to steam and didn't even need re-blocking.

Mystic

Practically Family
Hey Thanks, Justin

Good to see you. You on leave or finally at permanent duty station?

Frank, Sure looks like the same hat. I can always let my beard grow out and be Gabby Hayes for Halloween.

Thanks John, Felt is on par with my Adams and Marathons. Maybe a little more pliable. After a trip to the freezer I'm going to play with it.

MOK, Thanks, I think this one will survive the cramped trip. I'm always more concerned about the sweat when a hat is scrunched into a box like this. Sweat is in good shape on this one. I got lucky at the price.

Last edited:

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Frank, nice hat and suit! Your wife is one lucky lady to have a well dressed handsome man such as yourself!

I have to say that your hat looks exactly like the hat that Mystic won. Does yours also have the same label on the inside? If so, what a coincidence! I don't think I have ever seen two of the same hats on the auction sites for the era of hats that I collect. Yet another advantage of being a woman in the hat collecting game! Less competiton and one of a kind hats! :cool::D

Mystic

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe