Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Hi Folks

This is a major defeat story. I went to visit a local Salvation Army Store about 20 miles from my home. The store was boarded up and 25% of the roof was off. It appears Hurricane Sandy destroyed the store. I doubt they will reopen in the area anytime soon but I hope I am wrong. Half of my vintage items came from this store.
Best regards
CCJ

Landman

One Too Many
Talk about "There should be a law against that" Look what some numbskull did the the sweat on this poor unsuspecting Stetson 25! I dunno if it's even salvageable by now without major surgery. Probably some nice felt. Don't look much like an OR to me though. Any ideal what it was born as?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ste...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item23258d6d72

The previous owner just tightened up the adjustment bow string (or whatever the proper name for it is). Those cuts at the rear of the sweatband were there originally. It will probably be fine once that string is loosened and whatever is behind the sweatband is removed.

It's not an Open Road though. The brim is too wide. It's probably just a western Stetson 25 with a 3" to 3 1/2" brim.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Allow me to refine what I was asking. I mean is the hat a good quality one? It seems like a low price.

It is a good quality hat but the sweatband and liner look like they are not in that great of shape. If you wear a 6 7/8 you shouldn't have a problem finding a lot of hats in better shape.

Mystic

Practically Family
Hello, Im looking to purchase my first hat. and I will be wearing it quite often. I found this one on Ebay, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is worth purchasing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RES...187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d6b7fbdb

Thank you!

Looks to me like the LOW price is due to the HIGH price of shipping....

$33.00 is very high unless it's being sent by pony express.

$9.50 and under should get this hat delivered any where in the con U.S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82