Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
Here's a Resistol hat I picked up, wanted the standard grey 60s stingy fedora, 7 3/8 or so. Fits very well. XXX beaver with a label that says "kitten finish." Anyone know what that means?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250932889387?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_971

dscn1342.jpg

dscn1347.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here's a Resistol hat I picked up, wanted the standard grey 60s stingy fedora, 7 3/8 or so. Fits very well. XXX beaver with a label that says "kitten finish." Anyone know what that means?
I'm beginning to believe that Resistol fedoras were the unsung bargains of the old days, the super values. My Open Road clone is soft and comfortable, and so is my brown 2 1/8" brim Kitten Finish.

As far as I know from reading here, KF was Resistol's term for a felt that had been either sanded more or sanded less than their usual models. (I know, not much help. I'm confused too. Surely somebody else here knows.)

When I won mine off the 'Bay, I had a hard time convincing my animal-adoring friend Miss Linda that no actual live kittens were harmed in the production of the hat! Now she asks me to wear "The Kitten" more often than any other hat.

frussell

One Too Many
Newturn - you got a good one. I've got two Resistol Kitten Finishes at home, and I have yet to find hats I like better, as far as vintage in my huge size goes. One of mine looks very much like the hat you got, and the other is a great chocolate brown. If the brims were a half inch wider, they'd be my favorite hats. Great felt, and well-made. Resistol's version of the cavanagh edge is pretty great as well. Congratulations. Frank

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
Newturn - you got a good one. I've got two Resistol Kitten Finishes at home, and I have yet to find hats I like better, as far as vintage in my huge size goes. One of mine looks very much like the hat you got, and the other is a great chocolate brown. If the brims were a half inch wider, they'd be my favorite hats. Great felt, and well-made. Resistol's version of the cavanagh edge is pretty great as well. Congratulations. Frank

This is definitely a hat I'll wear on the street in winter. The Kitten finish is very soft, and the edge is quite impressive. Looks a lot better than the stitched modern brims.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab

RichardH

One of the Regulars

randooch

I'll Lock Up

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Richard, my experience with your second seller was a very good one. The hat was even better than described, and he was careful in his description to say it sized in between a 6 7/8 and a 7. As it turned out, I had to pad it a little for my size 7 head.

I'd love one like yours in a 2.25" to 2.5" brim.

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars

Iyor

One of the Regulars
It seems that prices are getting high in smaller sizes. How far off was the seller? It doesn't seem he was affected, he still got a good price.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe