Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Landman

One Too Many
Yes, I think the size is definitely what drove the price up on this one. I was watching it since it was listed and it just lingered around at about $165.00 then when nuts at the end. Sniper bids I would think.

TipTop

Practically Family
Tough Choice: Where to file this Question--"Hats with a History", "Cleaning a Felt Hat", or "ePrey..." I think I have it right. This modestly-priced Orvis was listed as "New" unworn. Clearly it needs a blocking, but what I didn't suspect was all the tearing and numb lips and itchiness that came along with it. The seller claims confusion, because her cat is only an "outdoors cat", and the owner only had "exotic pets." I am allergic to ordinary cats. When I suggested that there was cat hair all over the brim when it came out of the box, it dawned on her that the boxed hat was in the garage awaiting shipment (while I was in Montana), "and my cat is very nosey..."

Anyway, I am looking for de-danderfying suggestions. Normally soap and water will rinse it away, and considering how floppy this thing looks (it's a stiff and crude felt, made in USA). I wondered what harm daubing and rinsing with Woolite or similar would do, keeping the interior dry. Any experiences out there??

BTW, she rebated me $25, so in any event, there's no loss.

15743514-md.jpg

15743513-lg.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I ask about moth bites AND holes on any and every hat I'm considering bidding on even if there is a lot of photos.

I want to give the seller an opportunity to answer the question directly. If there is some mothing, I want them to describe it to me. If they don't want to return my question with an answer I don't bid, no matter what the hat may look like.

Getting a refund is OK.......but, I really dislike paying return shipping and having nothing but an experience for my money. shakeshead

I also have learned you have to ask questions on anything you buy no matter what it is, before making a bid.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Herbert Johnson for Brooks Brothers grey Homburg

I finally found a mid grey Homburg with a felt that molds very easily with a dry crease.

P1070207.jpg

P1070208.jpg

P1070211.jpg

P1070232.jpg

P1070213.jpg

P1070215.jpg

P1070218.jpg

P1070219.jpg

P1070220.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Herbert Johnson for brooks Brothers black Homburg

Cool brim shape on this one. I don't usually go for feathers on hats, but this combination looks just great. I'll leave it this way.

P1070198.jpg

P1070197.jpg

P1070189.jpg

P1070227.jpg

P1070225.jpg

P1070229.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Manfred!

Nice ones, Rabbit! That feather looks like a domino.

It took me a sec to figure out the domino analogy. I must be particularly dense today. :eusa_doh: lol
Sure looks a lot like it. From the looks of that feather set, the hat didn't get much wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe