Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
Another Whippet, this makes seven of them in my little dog pack.

scaled.php

This one is interesting for the light gray brim binding. I can't say it's faded either because it is uniform on all sides of the binding.

Also, the ribbon is a brownish-gray. Kind of hard to describe.

scaled.php

When this one came it it was soft as a blanket and just as shapeless. Someone really smacked this one around, folded it up, smashed it, whatever. The stiffener was worn out of it big time. I sprayed the heck out of it with Kahl's stiffener to get the shape back.

I did a $125 buy it now on this. Since these Whippets in size 7 have been easily topping $150 of late, I figure I did OK, but I didn't get it at a steal by any means. I'd say it was a "fair price" for both buyer (me) and seller.

The sweat is very soft and still well sewn in.

Now, there is another interesting thing about this one. The Stetson logo in the crown and on the sweatband both shows the leaf instead of the field of stars. That makes it a 50s era Whippet. But the brim is still measuring in at 2-3/4 inches! Usually, from all the Whippets I've seen, by the time the logo had the leaf in both areas the brim had gotten down to 2-1/2. I've even seen a few at 2-3/8. But this is the first time I've seen a leaf-logo Whippet with such a large brim.

Does anyone else have a larger brim with the leaf-logo Whippet?

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
If you have to ask, Eric.....

Silly me - I clicked the link thinking it would be a thread about VINTAGE baseball caps. But to my horror...

(I'll go fix it) :cool:

Never mind - adding a post would require resurrecting the thread. Here's what I had in mind when I checked out the cap thread:

8ThreeBBCapsCircled.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Alan and Scott. Hopefully, this new thread will focus on VINTAGE caps only. FYI, Scott has put together a great amount of research for his vintage baseball stuff and it really is worth a look

Levallois

Practically Family
Got the two fedoras I was waiting for - late 40s early-mid 50s age guess on each - more info over at Resistol Roundup and Cavanagh Club threads - happy as I can be. Amazing just how well made and beautiful hats were from this period!

Resistol -

P1000303.jpg

Cavanagh -

P1000307.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe