Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
This is wild. It's described as a 50s carnival bought/sold/won hat with a spot for your pack of smokes.
strawcig2.jpg
strawcig.jpg

Let me know if anyone finds a hat that holds Churchill Cigars!

T Rick

Practically Family
Even stained this Whippet almost gets $115.
Yep, thank Gawd for that! Someone saved me from myself on that one. I got it in my head that this one might have been cleaned up easily. And I hope for who bought it that it is. But I suspect if my 2nd place bid on it had succeeded, I'd have immediately experienced Buyers remorse. I dropped my snipe down a bit just before the auction close (I suspect I'd have still been outbid). But I breathed a sigh of relief as I watched it pass my bid (I'd have been happy with it around seventy or eighty bucks). But I never should have considered going into 3 digits for it IMO.

HatsEnough

Banned
Yep, thank Gawd for that! Someone saved me from myself on that one... But I suspect if my 2nd place bid on it had succeeded, I'd have immediately experienced Buyers remorse.

I was looking at it myself. I would not have given more than $50 for it as I am pretty sure that the stains in it would not come out. Especially the green verdigris stains in the back. About four days ago I emailed the owner to ask what size the brim was and the guy never bothered to reply. I suspected it was a 2-1/2 brim making it one from the 50s, likely. But since he would not respond that was just a guess.

I have to say, I am glad I did not end up with it, either.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ah yes, my mistake. Nice hat nonetheless.

I was watching that hat and had a snipe set on it. I was Mr. Indecisive and kept changing the amount. I think it was $150 at one time, others about $60.

As it ended up, my bid was second, but I really didn't mind losing.

I hope the winner is a member here because I'd like to see the hat and get his opinions.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82