Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Sargon

Familiar Face
Wear it well Garrett! I was the inept last minute bidder for the Cavanagh 100. If it turns out not to suite you I'd be happy to take it off your hands (or head). Do unworn ones come up regularly on ebay or was this a rarity? I'm brand new here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You may never see another Cavanagh 100. This is the first one I've ever seen on the Lounge, though I believe one other has been discussed.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nutria Felt designations.

PabloElFlamenco said:
I wonder if any of you saw this beauty, a Stetson 100?
For various (stupid, of course) reasons, I didn't bid on it, but the box alone is worth the price, in my view.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120342841696

And this hat is also a very interesting one: real (not clear!) nutria quality.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320322272001

America is paradise! For hats, etc.

Just for clarification:

Real Nutria Quality means the felt may contain a % of nutria fur. This is probably not 100% nutria felt. In some cases a manufacturer uses the phrase to refer only to the hat's finish. In which case, there may be no nutria fur in the felt.

Clear Nutria means the felt is 100% nutria fur.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
So there's Clear, Real, and just Nutria quality?
This is a 1932 ad I posted in the Stetson Think Tank thread. I know that clear nutria was around before that date, but it's not listed here.

1932stetqualityprices001.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nutria

Lefty said:
So there's Clear, Real, and just Nutria quality?
This is a 1932 ad I posted in the Stetson Think Tank thread. I know that clear nutria was around before that date, but it's not listed here.

1932stetqualityprices001.jpg
Great Ad, Lefty.

Can anyone enlighten us on the difference(s) between Nutria Quality and Real Nutria Quality in the Stetson pantheon of felts?

HatDoc

One of the Regulars

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
In light of the wait time, that's a great deal on the Adventurebilt.
I'm curious about the active listing - is it the same size? Could you pm me with the link?

That 2 tone Stetson is fantastic. Congrats.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
In light of the wait time, that's a great deal on the Adventurebilt.
I'm curious about the active listing - is it the same size? Could you pm me with the link?

That 2 tone Stetson is fantastic. Congrats.

PM SENT

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's the same size and model (movie style) but I don't think that the new seller is the old buyer, is it? The old buyer's name starts with r and ends with u. The new seller is krublaar.

Plus, the old one was an AB Deluxe, made by Marc Kitter in Germany -better quality and bigger bucks. This is the straight AB - still great, but not quite as perfect, and much cheaper. *All of this is based on what I've read, I have no experience with these guys.*

carter

I'll Lock Up
I posted this Resistol previously:
8884_1.JPG

But what I really want to take note of is a rare ebay seller who is also an excellent communicator and provides an extra measure of customer service. Here is their reply regarding the packaging and shipping of the hat. I asked them not to tape the original box but to wrap it in shipping paper and label the package as "FRAGILE" and "DO NOT STACK".

...Hat is on its way. It is in plastic bag inside its box, which is then padded with bubble wrap and then wrapped in brown paper. Notes of caution are in red on wrapping. I sent it priority so it would be shorter time in transit! Tracking number is .... Please leave feedback when you get hat so I know it arrived safely and you are happy with your purchase. If there is a problem, please contact me first. I strive for excellence as an eBay seller and feedback is very important to me. Thanks in advance. ...

That's my definition of an EXCELLENT Ebay Seller.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Looks like a sweet lid PJ...let us know how it fits/feels on ya first!...I'm sure what you spent will be well worth it!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Two recent eBay victories. The first is a vintage grey Royal Stetson porkpie with black ribbon and grey edge binding, size 7 1/4. The second is a vintage light brown Resistol with matching ribbon and edge binding, also size 7 1/4.

Stetson02.jpg

Stetson01.jpg

Resistol01.jpg

Resistol02.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats!

Slim, You won two terrific hats in very different styles. I hope we get to see pictures of both with the creases as pictured. That Resistol is sweet and it has a Cattleman crease which I'm looking forward to seeing on you. I have no doubt that you can pull them both off very well.

panama jack

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack & D.W.

Thank you for your comments. Before I bid on the hat I talked to Art and my local hatter. My size is actually between a 7 3/8 & 7 1/2. They both said it wouldn't be a problem stretching it a bit. My local hatter said there would be no chanrge to stretch it.
I can't wait to see how it fits and how it look on me. I'm still waiting for my first hat (Acubra Stylemaster, medium grey) that I ordered back in October from Everything Australian.

D.W.
You got yourself a very nice hat also...and the box to go with it.

pj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe