Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
I was watching it. Didn't bid. I've seen them several times before. But I am still not sure what the heck they did with the things. Was it in a holder? Did they give them out to customers? What the heck was it for?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
IIRC, JtL got one that came in a daguerreotype-ish frame. (but my memory might be failing me on this)
DAGUERREOTYPE-FRAMES-CH.jpg

You can see one of JtL's (I think he has two), without a case, in the Stetson-Stuff thread.

The assumption is that they were given to employees who were working at Stetson on that fiftieth year. That's why each one has the name of an employee and the date he or she started at Stetson engraved on the reverse.

This is only about the sixth one I've seen.

Last edited:

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Just received this Brodt fedora I bought on ebay. I didn't know Brodt had 2 locations. Any possible way to date it?

$(KGrHqMOKjME3vmc3)ZGBOFK65Il!w~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKjwE4HL)GejrBOFK68wZ7w~~_12.JPG

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Technically this os my second vintage hat. But it is my first Ebay victory, my first homburg, and my first Stetson! I'm definitely excited to get my hands on it :D.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It also has "v" stitching and a frayed bow.

Well if the union sticker says, "The United Hatters of North America," the hat dates to 1934 and prior. If the union sticker says, "United Hatters Cap & Millinery Wkrs Int. Union," then the hat dates dates from 1935 and up.

T Rick

Practically Family

Nice catch Neo, was watching purely from an interest point of view (too big for me). I think it'll look great on you, hope you enjoy it!

It's a nice looking gray Homburg, looks to be in excellent shape (yeah, cowboy... where do these Sellers get this stuff? ;)).

Stetsons can be addictive (I'm up to 8 now). Just bought this Playboy yesterday, was surprised it didn't go higher (I was prepared for it to). Always great to see some money left on the table!

There was one of those union stickers, but thats it.
Yes, if you tell us what the Union sticker says, it may help to date the hat. There are other dates beyond what is mentioned above, but I am not certain what era we're talking here, the ones I know of may be too recent to be of help.

HatsEnough

Banned
I almost bid on that one, too, TRick. But, I decided against it because it is the same color as the other Playboy I have. If it was a different color I would have been fighting you for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe