Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
HE, do you plan on trying to fill that little hole or just let it be?

Such a great find.

I scheduled a doctor's appointment to see if I can have my cranium size reduced. I figure a couple of quick kerf cuts and a bungee cord would get the job done.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Chestnut St. Topper

$(KGrHqN,!hUE3u01owE)BO!9VscVOw~~0_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220804524016#ht_500wt_1156
Not 1870's, but an oldie(post 1913)--I have a Derby with matching tip crest.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I am probably going to just leave it. It is such a tiny pinprick that I don't think it detracts too much.
That's probably best. Still, I'd be tempted to pack a tiny bit of sanded-off felt into the micro-void, no adhesive of any kind -- just dry. Another of my personality flaws, I'm sure, always trying to fix.

scooter

Practically Family
JD and JLee, nice looking milans, gentlemen.

HatsEnough, I won a Champ that has one moth hole (completely thru) on the front right. Thinking about having a different ribbon put on (wider) to cover the hole and call it good.

RLK, we have 3 dogs and 4 cats, all rescues. One dog came from our daughter, and 3 of the cats were turned out by local homeowners after they lost their homes. We never intended to have so many animals, but we can't stand to see an animal left without care. the 3 dogs are a beautiful husky, an Aussie sheperd, and a Mexican mutt. The Aussie is smarter than many people I know.

randooch

I'll Lock Up

scooter

Practically Family
Wow Rick, you are very......ummm.....helpful! I thought I had some sort of record, thanks for making me feel better. LOL

HatsEnough

Banned
Bought a Whippet for $68 the other day. The seller did not dwell on the color of the hat. With the seller's horrible photos, I imagined it was gray and somehow never noticed he said "its an olive color" at the tail end of his description. Imagine my surprise to get it in the mail today and find out it is, indeed, a green one!!

I was happy as a clam with that.

It is size 6-7/8 but took a slight stretch my my size 7 perfectly well.

This one has the full nearly 2-7/8 brim, too. Stars in the crest on the sweatband and the liner. Also has "Whippet" on the sweatband, too, which they don't have all that often.

I really was amazed at this one, folks. And for so dang cheap, yet.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

I've always wanted a green Whippet but never thought I'd get one because the prices were always too high. But, here I got one and by chance yet.

Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Rick, you are very......ummm.....helpful! I thought I had some sort of record, thanks for making me feel better. LOL

Glad to help!

We're fixin' to get lucky thirteen, our second hound mix who has been a lab research dog for the first five years of his life, he has been stuck, poked, prodded, knocked down, woke up & even turned blue. We think these dogs now deserve some kindness & sunshine for their remaining years, instead of just getting the blue juice when they are no longer cost effective to perform experiments on, eh? :mad:

Omne

Familiar Face
I've always had rescues too. I focused on seniors and special need dogs, such as diabetics. Unfortunately most non-kill shelters won't take them since it's tough to find adopters for them. It gets rough sometimes knowing that we'll only have a few years together but it's nice to give them those years.

On the other hand I think my vet is going to name a new wing after me....;)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always had rescues too. I focused on seniors and special need dogs, such as diabetics. Unfortunately most non-kill shelters won't take them since it's tough to find adopters for them. It gets rough sometimes knowing that we'll only have a few years together but it's nice to give them those years.

On the other hand I think my vet is going to name a new wing after me....;)

True enough. If you are going to do this, in the final analysis, it becomes cheaper just to go to Vet School! :eusa_doh:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Things are going crazy over on Ebay right now. The hat I was bidding on had 30 minutes left and just went over $210.00. The other one I was watching has six days left and is at something like $132. I've backed out for now. I love hats but I can't risk my marriage over a freaking hat-LOL.

HatsEnough

Banned
Dear, dear Terry. We hope to get you to the point where risking your marriage for a hat is the least thing you'll do! We are enablers around here, ya know?

So, go back to those auctions and put $300 in them!!

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe