Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

You may be right. All I am saying is that it would be a shame to destroy the historical integrity of a 100 year old hat just to wear it. At some point, we are talking artifacts and not mere hats.

Believe me I am more towards your way of thinking. I am probably one of the few on the FL that occasionally collects old hats not for wear.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Those inflation calculators are bs, and every one of them gives a different result. Other sites give a more "what things cost" analysis. Comparing the price to things like milk, rent, and car prices tends to provide a more accurate idea of relative cost.

HatsEnough

Banned
Those inflation calculators are bs, and every one of them gives a different result. .

No, I mean it really was priced at $1,000, not just in relative dollars. That's what I saw. I am still looking for the darn link, but now I can't. It isn't even in my darn history because I dumped it this morning.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
later model Stetson 25 OR with box for about $65 shipped
stetson3.JPG
stetson5.JPG

HatsEnough

Banned
I have a Stetson 25 from the early 50s. It is wonderfully soft but pliant and holds its shape well. I have a 7X from the 1960s and it is stiff as a board! I also have that western Stetson 100 from the 60s and it is stiff as a board, too (granted westerns are often stiffer). I wonder if the one you are linking is stiff, too?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
No, I mean it really was priced at $1,000, not just in relative dollars. That's what I saw. I am still looking for the darn link, but now I can't. It isn't even in my darn history because I dumped it this morning.

I saw the listing you are talking about. It was incorrect. That 10x was not a 60's hat.

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...LojDaWQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am such a sucker for these Resistol Cowboys. I don't know if I will cut this one down or not. I am thinking not, as I already have a few I have cut down, and the new Campdraft comming. I may just shape it up a little bit and keep it as a cowboy, as I don't currently own a cowboy this color, so maybe it would fill the gap between my 3 black cowboy hats and my Silver Belly Stetson

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe