Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm guessing that if we do see any of it again, the lot will be broken down.

carter said:
WOW! $7.50 for the lot. The pin alone should have fetched more.
Do you think we'll be seeing that lot for sale again soon?

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Just a gripe. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of Ebay sellers posting hats wrong and/or lying when you ask questions. A vintage 7x just arrived and it's a stiff piece of junk with moth holes right on the crown, A Dobbs that a guy swears is a 7 1/2 is really a 6 something. I might get one good lid out of 4 or 5. I've had better luck buying from lounge guys. Out of all my OR's the one I wear the most is from Lefty.
And Jonnhyphi's hats are fantastic. I'm really thinking of giving up on Ebay...............Oh heck who am I kidding I'm hooked on finding that one great deal. Gotta go time to check out the listingslol :rage: lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've been really lucky, and I've also really slowed down. I watch a lot of hats, but don't buy many.

I'm glad that you're happy with the hat you got from me. Now, if I can interest you in a Saxon...
;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
For What it's Worth/Just my Opinion

Frankly, I think better deals are (generally) posted in the Classifieds here. My experience has been that members of the lounge can be counted on to make honest and accurate posts and offer fair (not bottom basement) prices. Most of us know what these items are worth and who can be trusted. I've traded and/or sold hats with members both in the CONUS and abroad with no problems whatsoever. When we consider the amount of trouble and the shipping charged by some ebay sellers, with a few exceptions, I'd prefer dealing with a member of the lounge.

I will also add that a person who joins the FL and immediately starts posting items for sale should be viewed with a certain degree of, how can I put this nicely, skepticism. At least one such person has recently caused nothing but confusion. Perhaps a certain number of posts or a period of time should be required before someone can post items for sale in the classifieds. That might not be a bad idea as far as starting new threads is concerned too.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
A couple of western styles I've gotten that were better than described when I received them.

gus.jpg

This little hat fits like it was custom made for me and I like the light Grey color.

seritelli.jpg

This is the first Serratelli hat I've ever owned. The picture makes it look washed out but it's a vivid dark black and extremely well made. I think the quality is a little better than the last Stetson I bought new. I will probably re-work the brim though.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Lefty, I'm always watching 5 or more hats at a time. Sorry no sale on the Saxon I gave up the Shorter brims once I hit my forties and noticed I have an old fat face lol

Carter I agree with you I prefer to do business with FL members who have been around a while. I was a long term lurker before I joined and have had no problems so far. I've noticed a rise in folks who join and start sellings things right away.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
suitedcboy said:
What is the light colored Stetson? Silver Belly or Ivory or ?

WHat quality (X count) IS IT?

It's a silver belly and 8 X. I was happy to get it because I like the style and finding them in 7 1/8 LO is kinda' tough.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
It's Mine I tell you, MINE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's Mine I tell you, MINE! ALL MINE !!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D
Thanks for the kind words. I decided that the chances of finding a "STETSON 100" in a 7 5/8's in Good Condition was approx 1/500,000. So with that in mind I decided to own it.
Carter you don't want to know my Max Bid.:eek:
James, if you will PM me the details of your 7 5/8's Stetson 100's with case for $300 I will be glad to see about taking them off your hands :rolleyes:
I hope someone can give me more history on the "100"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280278730080&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018
PICTURES TO FOLLOW

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
The STETSON "100"

To say I'm not proud would be a lie. From the little information I can find on the web it would appear that the hat was sold in either the 30's ?? or 50's for $100 ( or 2 weeks pay in the 50's)

I hope the Dinerman, Matt, Carter, Art or any of the rest of you can help me fill in the holes.

Now the Pictures:

11.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Will post complete details when it comes in

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The paper tag makes me want to say '60s, but since these were pretty limited production, the sweatband and such are pretty '50s. The overall style doesn't help with dating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe