Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
SURVEY ON WHAT SHIPPING STYLES BUYER LIKE

HELLO .
I AM HOPING TO FIND OUT A LITTLE INFO ON WHAT CUSTOMERS LIKE .
SO I HOPE THE CUSTOMERS HERE WILL SUBMIT OPINIONS TO HELP ME HELP OTHERS .

THIS IS MY QUESTION .

WHEN BUYING A HAT ONLINE . THE SELLER CAN PRINT OUT A SHIPPING LABEL ONLINE , OR THEY CAN PERSONNALLY WRITE IN THE ADDRESS .
WOULD CUSTOMERS PREFER , HAND WRITTEN LABELS , OR TYPED OUT LABELS , OR DOES THAT MATTER .

I WOULD ;LOVE TO KNOW SOME OF YOUR OPINIONS :}

FURFELTMAN said:
HELLO .
I AM HOPING TO FIND OUT A LITTLE INFO ON WHAT CUSTOMERS LIKE .
SO I HOPE THE CUSTOMERS HERE WILL SUBMIT OPINIONS TO HELP ME HELP OTHERS .

THIS IS MY QUESTION .

WHEN BUYING A HAT ONLINE . THE SELLER CAN PRINT OUT A SHIPPING LABEL ONLINE , OR THEY CAN PERSONNALLY WRITE IN THE ADDRESS .
WOULD CUSTOMERS PREFER , HAND WRITTEN LABELS , OR TYPED OUT LABELS , OR DOES THAT MATTER .

for me, what matters most is how much you are charging for shipping, not the kind of address labels used.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Speaking of ebay

I was looking for hatboxes last night and came across a person selling a Dobbs hat box. They wanted $15 and $11 shipping. Right in the description they admitted that there was no bottom to the thing. Seriously? A box with no bottom is $21!? You got to be kidding?

FURFELTMAN said:

When I ship hats to hatters for work or to buyers when I sell them, I use UPS website that prints the labels. When I receive boxes from hatters or sellers, I don't care as long as they get delivered to me correctly. If by printing online there is a higher likelihood of accurate delivery then that is my choice. Hand writing seems to have some risk involved if the person has questionable penmanship. HTH

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Good score, Rick! :eusa_clap

batesor6.jpg

Peach is one of my favorites. Do they make those in Tutti Fruiti? lol

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
It is a silverbelley...

(Forgive the double posting)
Last week I got an ebay bid on what I hoped was a silverbelly Stetson. I just got it today and it is, indeed, a silverbelly. (I paid $55 for it including shipping.)

silverybStetson_3views.jpg

silverybStetson_side.jpg

But I have a question. I have a few hats with the trolley string and button but all the others I have the button is fixed permanently to the hat. This one has the button loose. Is this the way it was manufactured, or is it broken off? I am not familiar with all the ways the trolley buttons are affixed.

silverybStetson_button.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GOOD ON YA'

Mobile Vulgus said:
(Forgive the double posting)
Last week I got an ebay bid on what I hoped was a silverbelly Stetson. I just got it today and it is, indeed, a silverbelly. (I paid $55 for it including shipping.)

silverybStetson_3views.jpg

silverybStetson_side.jpg

But I have a question. I have a few hats with the trolley string and button but all the others I have the button is fixed permanently to the hat. This one has the button loose. Is this the way it was manufactured, or is it broken off? I am not familiar with all the ways the trolley buttons are affixed.

silverybStetson_button.jpg

Don't come any more silverbelly 'n that one. Nice score. A bit of tweaking & you are gonna gave one handsome fedora. Love them thin ribbons.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Thanks

Rick Blaine said:
Don't come any more silverbelly 'n that one. Nice score. A bit of tweaking & you are gonna gave one handsome fedora. Love them thin ribbons.

Yeah, it IS pretty darn whiteish at that!

Mobile Vulgus said:
... Is this the way it was manufactured, or is it broken off? I am not familiar with all the ways the trolley buttons are affixed.
That is a fully functional wind trolley! The button goes thru a button hole, usually on a lapel, & the string attaches to the hat to keep it from blowing away.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I've been on the lookout for a nice Homburg in navy or black - the Stetson St. Regis models have been going north of $50, which was my cut-off. I managed to land this nice Knox Superfine (and it is, too). Seller called it black, it looks like Navy to me:

5058214565_0e3f00e1f1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld