Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Billy, a belated congrats on your wedding and Adam acquisition :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cracker

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Nice catch. I asked the seller a couple of questions about that one and never got a response. Looks to be a good buy for you. Congrats.

Thanks. I've never owned a Borsalino before, guess I should start boning up on the Brotherhood thread.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
That's really a fine hat....You are in for a treat.:eusa_clap

:arated:

Hey, Cracker, that Borso's gotta be pre WWll or there abouts. Maybe you can get more specifics from the Borso Brotherhood.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cracker said:
I won this Borsalino Thirty tonight. Does anyone have an idea as to the vintage?
I am no expert but judging by the ribbon width the hat has the look of the 30s or 40s to me. However, there is nothing to stop it from being a 50s hat either. On the inside, the printing and letters look rather modern. I remember the companies Rothschild and Young Quinlan from my childhood in the 1960s. So though my first instinct is to call it a relic of the 30s, my zeal to consider something as "old" often outruns reality, and I say it would be as late as 1955. Wild guesses all. By the way that's a nice OR on your icon.

CRH said:
:arated:

Hey, Cracker, that Borso's gotta be pre WWll or there abouts. Maybe you can get more specifics from the Borso Brotherhood.

The paper label doesn't have the Borsalino script. I would say 1950s but someone else might be able to place it better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe