Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Two more that I found recently on Ebay...I quite like the Mallory 15 and I apologize in advance if I sniped a fellow lounger to win this one! Still looks like a beauty for WAY less than size 7 3/8 Whippet money!!;) The Hess Bros. chapeau is a bit of a gamble but it looks super clean and it is a larger size as well...worth a gamble!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130385806863&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160427958155&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I was watching it, all the while believing it was a 7 1/8, not 3/8. Good thing I looked again before I bid. :eek: :p

Glad it's in a Lounger's hands.

Cheers,

SteveAS

Practically Family
I didn't buy it, but what the heck is this?: http://cgi.ebay.com/1917-Stetson-hat-/250622541342

The seller describes it as a 1917 Stetson, but it doesn't look that old. It kind of looks like an older, open crown Open Road style Royal De Luxe in size 7-1/4. The pictures are terrible and the seller has no feedback, but it looks like it might be in very nice shape. Perhaps the buyer got a bargain? [huh]

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
SteveAS said:
I didn't buy it, but what the heck is this?: http://cgi.ebay.com/1917-Stetson-hat-/250622541342

The seller describes it as a 1917 Stetson, but it doesn't look that old. It kind of looks like an older, open crown Open Road style Royal De Luxe in size 7-1/4. The pictures are terrible and the seller has no feedback, but it looks like it might be in very nice shape. Perhaps the buyer got a bargain? [huh]

That was at least the second time around for this hat, he had it up previously at some kind of ridiculous opening bid which drew no action. Surely someone emailed him with the info that he had a 50's era hat, not "1917". The lousy pics and the 0 feedback put me off.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Prices on Whippets have really gone through the roof in the last couple months. Maybe they will stay there. Maybe they will drop back down. Either way, these are VERY high prices. I'm SO glad that I don't have a Whippet fetish!

It just occurred to me that we are not supposed to post on live auctions. So don't be surprised if this thread disappears (as it should). ;)

Mr E Train

One Too Many
zetwal said:
It just occurred to me that we are not supposed to post on live auctions. So don't be surprised if this thread disappears (as it should). ;)

That isn't really an auction, though, it's a "buy it now" only. I'm not sure if that's technically allowed, but I don't think it's as bad as posting a link to a live auction where there's an actual bidding process.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mr E Train said:
That isn't really an auction, though, it's a "buy it now" only. I'm not sure if that's technically allowed, but I don't think it's as bad as posting a link to a live auction where there's an actual bidding process.

That's the Lounge's policy: No live auctions at all, BIN or other.

GWD

One Too Many
I sold my brown Whippet for $500.00. BIN. I didn't think it would sell but I really didn't care for the color so I said what the heck? It sold in about 7 days!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
7 1/2 7xCB OR for under $120 shipped!!! All of you big heads complaining about not having a great hat really missed the boat on this one. It just doesn't get any better.

Even if it is hard to find two the same, 7X ORs are really nice hats. I have a couple myself right now and really enjoy them. I don't know why they aren't more appreciated. I say that it's good to see a good hat go for a less than extravagant price. ;)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
I sold my brown Whippet for $500.00. BIN. I didn't think it would sell but I really didn't care for the color so I said what the heck? It sold in about 7 days!

lol

I didn't think it would sell either! How did I miss that?

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

lol

Wow! I always wondered what a $500 hat would feel like.

:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe