Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I’m taking this as a sign that I should increase my “inventory”.

1718762592376.png

My wife thinks otherwise. :rolleyes:

RickP

Practically Family
I got my ebay Stratoliner Stetson/ Philadelphia matchbook cover in today. Dont know why I needed it but I thought it was cool and it matches my Stratoliner!

I remember when the last flyable Stratoliner was fully restored in Seattle in 2002?. Beautiful plane. Took off for a test flight before its flight across country to the Smithsonian... someone forgot to put enough gas and it ran out of fuel and had to ditch in Elliot Bay. It sure looked funny to see a bright shiny airplane bobbing in the water. No major damage and they got it all fixed and on to the Smithsonian Air Museum a while later

Compress_20240702_114729_9672.jpg
Compress_20240702_114859_9313.jpg
Compress_20240702_114859_9040.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
I got my ebay Stratoliner Stetson/ Philadelphia matchbook cover in today. Dont know why I needed it but I thought it was cool and it matches my Stratoliner!

I remember when the last flyable Stratoliner was fully restored in Seattle in 2002?. Beautiful plane. Took off for a test flight before its flight across country to the Smithsonian... someone forgot to put enough gas and it ran out of fuel and had to ditch in Elliot Bay. It sure looked funny to see a bright shiny airplane bobbing in the water. No major damage and they got it all fixed and on to the Smithsonian Air Museum a while later

View attachment 624588 View attachment 624586 View attachment 624587
Now I guess I have to find an old silver Stratoliner hat box to go with it ( and maybe another Stratoliner lol)

View attachment 624588 View attachment 624586 View attachment 624587

Now you need the complementary pencil box.

20240703_071935_compress50.jpg
20240703_071959_compress97.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
Fresh from the mailman today! ANOTHER Hemp! A Turquoise Stetson Hemp StratolinerSE. Im always on the lookout for interesting things that are NOT black, brown, or grey lol. Id say this one fits the bill! Price I really couldnt pass up. Absolutely new in the original box with all the papers from DelMonicos! I like it!!

Tonight theres a little get together here with some local pipe and cigar folks... Think Ill break this one in with my last real Cuban cigar (The cigar costs more than the hat did lol)

Compress_20240712_122828_8791.jpg
Compress_20240712_122828_8224.jpg

Louis Mountbatten

A-List Customer
Fresh from the mailman today! ANOTHER Hemp! A Turquoise Stetson Hemp StratolinerSE. Im always on the lookout for interesting things that are NOT black, brown, or grey lol. Id say this one fits the bill! Price I really couldnt pass up. Absolutely new in the original box with all the papers from DelMonicos! I like it!!

Tonight theres a little get together here with some local pipe and cigar folks... Think Ill break this one in with my last real Cuban cigar (The cigar costs more than the hat did lol)

View attachment 626507 View attachment 626508
Yours looks like it turns down nicely. I bought one of those (but in natural color) and was never happy with how the brim turned down in front. It turned down too wavy and lumpy. I sold it off a few months ago.

View attachment 626507 View attachment 626508
Real nice color on that one.

RickP

Practically Family
Think im in Stratoliner hemp overload this week. I had a Sage Green one, got the turquoise yesterday, and this morning worked a deal for a Tan, Dark Brown and another Sage green....Think I managed to do some birthday and Christmas present shopping the last several days lol

RickP

Practically Family
Well now... one of those "If it fits it ships" ebay moments today lol. Well it WAS bagged and clean so I guess thats SOMETHING. I thought I was in trouble as soon as I saw the size of the box. Fortunately its a nice soft Stetson Gun Club Three Forks... Doesnt look like it really suffered more than the indignity of getting stuffed in a box lol

Nice soft felt, Fits well, and I love the nice dark olive green color

Had a sewage backup last night and Ive been dealing with a gaggle of plumbers here today.. At least this hat gave me a smile... really has been the high point of my day so far!

Compress_20240716_110154_4997.jpg
Compress_20240716_110154_4693.jpg
Compress_20240716_110154_4377.jpg

DonR

A-List Customer
Well now... one of those "If it fits it ships" ebay moments today lol. Well it WAS bagged and clean so I guess thats SOMETHING. I thought I was in trouble as soon as I saw the size of the box. Fortunately its a nice soft Stetson Gun Club Three Forks... Doesnt look like it really suffered more than the indignity of getting stuffed in a box lol

Had a sewage backup last night and Ive been dealing with a gaggle of plumbers here today.. At least this hat gave me a smile... really has been the high point of my day so far!

View attachment 627380 View attachment 627381 View attachment 627382

Oh you don't want to keep that squared brim?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 627380 View attachment 627381 View attachment 627382
Ahhh... The rarely seen Stetson "Contortionist".
Nice recovery! And, that hat should take your mind off the home repairs.
It's amazing how poorly people will treat a hat. The Goodwill shipper that packed up the Vimenet ai found a few months ago had smashed the hat flat flat lengthwise like a taco, then wrapped it tight with several turns of plastic wrap. Then dropped it in a box big enough to ship a Tom Mix with about five yards of brown paper. I though for sure that poor thing was a goner, but when I removed the wrap it popped right into shape. Belgians are very resilient, I guess...

RickP

Practically Family
To be honest I was a bit surprised when It popped right back to normal. I had bought this as a semi cheap outdoor hat for my brother, but I really really do like the color a lot....I may just keep it and give him one of my Moose Rivers instead lol

Monte

Practically Family
To be honest I was a bit surprised when It popped right back to normal. I had bought this as a semi cheap outdoor hat for my brother, but I really really do like the color a lot....I may just keep it and give him one of my Moose Rivers instead lol
I love that dark shade of green. Versatile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld