Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Well I am definitely going to be in trouble after this one, lol. After a few months of searching for a vintage Homburg I had kind of given up. I decided to take one last look after some advice and being inspired by @blueAZNmonkey. Very late last night I stumbled upon a Stetson St Regis listed for sale without a size. Luckily in the description it mentioned it should be in between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 which is perfect for me. I put an offer of $91 (was listed at $145) on it to make it an even $100 with shipping and I awoke this morning to the sellers acceptance. I really like the looks of this hat and hope I did ok on the price. It was listed as a 1950s Stetson St Regis and appears to be in great shape! View attachment 80561 View attachment 80562 View attachment 80563 View attachment 80564 View attachment 80566
Great looking hat. Classic homburg. Fabiovenhorst has one just like it (if it isn't exactly the same). A little mothing can be expected sometimes with vintage hats. You did well.

Well I am definitely going to be in trouble after this one, lol. After a few months of searching for a vintage Homburg I had kind of given up. I decided to take one last look after some advice and being inspired by @blueAZNmonkey. Very late last night I stumbled upon a Stetson St Regis listed for sale without a size. Luckily in the description it mentioned it should be in between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 which is perfect for me. I put an offer of $91 (was listed at $145) on it to make it an even $100 with shipping and I awoke this morning to the sellers acceptance. I really like the looks of this hat and hope I did ok on the price. It was listed as a 1950s Stetson St Regis and appears to be in great shape! View attachment 80561 View attachment 80562 View attachment 80563 View attachment 80564 View attachment 80566
Welcome to the world of Homburgs. You will look so good under this one. It does have a 50s look to the innards. Can't wait for noggin shots! Catching up is hard! Missed this original post.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Here is a very interesting Mallory derby I drunkenly stumbled across last night after a 14 hour extravaganza at the office. It appears to be a more turn of the century/western style and much older than I am used to seeing. Not to mention a little more rare in a 7 5/8 size for its age/vintage. I really like the hat and it has some super cool NW history as it was sold new out of Portland OR according to the sweat. Curious what others think of this hat?
IMG_852.jpg
IMG_853.jpg
IMG_854.jpg
IMG_855.jpg

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Here is a very interesting Mallory derby I drunkenly stumbled across last night after a 14 hour extravaganza at the office. It appears to be a more turn of the century/western style and much older than I am used to seeing. Not to mention a little more rare in a 7 5/8 size. I really like the hat and it has some super cool NW history as it was sold new out of Portland OR according to the sweat. Curious what others think of this hat? View attachment 80854 View attachment 80855 View attachment 80856 View attachment 80857
way cool!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Here is a very interesting Mallory derby I drunkenly stumbled across last night after a 14 hour extravaganza at the office. It appears to be a more turn of the century/western style and much older than I am used to seeing. Not to mention a little more rare in a 7 5/8 size for its age/vintage. I really like the hat and it has some super cool NW history as it was sold new out of Portland OR according to the sweat. Curious what others think of this hat? View attachment 80854 View attachment 80855 View attachment 80856 View attachment 80857
Unique n cool one. Now you gotta figure out what to wear with it...

Here is a very interesting Mallory derby I drunkenly stumbled across last night after a 14 hour extravaganza at the office. It appears to be a more turn of the century/western style and much older than I am used to seeing. Not to mention a little more rare in a 7 5/8 size for its age/vintage. I really like the hat and it has some super cool NW history as it was sold new out of Portland OR according to the sweat. Curious what others think of this hat? View attachment 80854 View attachment 80855 View attachment 80856 View attachment 80857

Very cool, very old, Mallory!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Unique n cool one. Now you gotta figure out what to wear with it...
Thank you Bob. I have a MTM three piece Prince of Wales Golden Fleece suit being finished up at Brooks Brothers and I am thinking it would be perfect with that along with a pocket watch and chain. Give it that turn of the century vintage vibe :)

This derby has interesting lines. Can't wait to see whats under the sweat. I did some quick searching on the vendor, a small hit with a newspaper from 1920. The page comes up but I will have to enlarge to see the ad, it must be small. There is a possibility I can find it in a Portland Business Directory at the archives. I'll keep on this one. It is an old one based on the sweat, the liner should show the later 1800s date. One hit on Robinson's does not include the Dilworth, but maybe promising.
robinsons.jpg

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
This derby has interesting lines. Can't wait to see whats under the sweat. I did some quick searching on the vendor, a small hit with a newspaper from 1920. The page comes up but I will have to enlarge to see the ad, it must be small. There is a possibility I can find it in a Portland Business Directory at the archives. I'll keep on this one. It is an old one based on the sweat, the liner should show the later 1800s date. One hit on Robinson's does not include the Dilworth, but maybe promising.
View attachment 80930
Thanks for doing some research on her Mike! I was hoping you might be able to help on this one. These things sure are fun/addicting to try and date and figure out their mysteries:) Does this photo help at all? It was the last one on the listing.
IMG_857.jpg

Willebe

A-List Customer
Well. I was surfing through the bay last night and decided to make an account and attempt to learn the process of biding, etc. I've bought cars at auto auction before, so I am not totally green , but I have not utilized eBay as many of my cycling buddies have.

I bid on a Resistol Stagecoach that looks good with some need of cleaning and personal touch. I have an idea of what I would like to do with it, and it will be for a learning experience in many ways.

Raises coffee mug...here to new experiences!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe