Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon if you remember that's what happened to the Knox I bought from you. Tracking said "delivered" and there was nada. They too it to the office of the apartments I was living at at the time but the delivery notice said "left in mailbox" not "left in office".

My name is Roger and I suffer from hat tracking anxiety.

Ha!

I remember it well Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently had a hat coming from Georgia. After a couple of days, tracking had it in Allen Park, MI. So it passed me by on I-75. It sat there for 3 days, then showed up in Cincinnati (passed me by again!). I finally got it after several days delay. The seller and me were having big fun making fun of the USPS for this.

Or, you could look to see something was delivered, look on the porch - no box. Then 12 hours later you realize you accidentally had it shipped to the office!

40Cal

One Too Many
which has happened to me

tracking said "delivered" and it was not on my porch ... so I chased down the mailman in my car ... he said it was not on his truck and he did not remember taking it from the office .
I go to the post office and they tell me that it is on his truck ... I tell them I just talked to him.

they take my cell number and say they will call if it "turns up"

naturally I'm getting a little upset

as I am slowly driving my neighborhood looking on peoples porches I get a call from Ziggy at the post office and he says it was there the whole time

yes I am a crazy person

I've also gone to check tracking to find a big red exclamation mark with some word next to it that I cannot remember at the moment

I call and ask what it means and they tell me that it means the shipment is frozen for some reason ...when they look further into it it seems that they have my home address as some sort of business that won't accept the package or something crazy like that

a few hours later it ends up on my porch ...

wtf?

I envy people who pay no attention to tracking
I've had the conversation with the PO a few times about their tracking showing "delivered" when in fact nothing was actually delivered. They told me that the online USPS is a separate entity and they had no control over it . It's amazing to me that anything ever gets delivered!

Last edited:

40Cal

One Too Many
just fished out this Vit-Felt Playboy

pretty pumped ...

sellers pics

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

pb3.jpg

pb4.jpg

pb5.jpg

pb6.jpg
Incredible Playboy Anthony! Congrats

Great catch Anthony. I've not found much consistency in the Vita-Felt products from Stetson, but the era is very desirable in my book. Now you'll have to keep your eyes out for a 1930s Playboy. <wink>

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Great catch Anthony. I've not found much consistency in the Vita-Felt products from Stetson, but the era is very desirable in my book. Now you'll have to keep your eyes out for a 1930s Playboy. <wink>

please... no... don't twist my arm ... please ... no

arm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe