Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

tommyK

One Too Many
My latest buy off the bay.. I saw and like it and the size was right.. ya it's not vintage but can't ware the good Vintage ones all the time..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251594961097?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT it was great price. one i talk them down a bit i feel.

I have a few vintage hats that are on the delicate side and get babied. It's always good to have a cheap hat, abuse it and see the character develop, sometimes they become your favorite.

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
I have a few vintage hats that are on the delicate side and get babied. It's always good to have a cheap hat, abuse it and see the character develop, sometimes they become your favorite.
Yep my current working everyday hat is Scala Outback wool felt that get all the abuse during the heat of the day and long drives. the vintage are for eventing events of just when it seem right to dress it up. I have a DP oil Cloth Outback style as well but the Scala one seem to take the abuse better .

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks guys;
That's all the vendor posted
Will post in the Western section when it arrives.
Hope the bow work is an indication of quality.
Looks like someone's single action hat.
Any 7 1/2 is a treat for me.
Richard

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Didn't get these from Ebay, I got them from Craigslist. Drove 2 hours each way to Milwaukee to get these from an estate sale.
Back row from left to right , dark brown Mallory that has some moth bites, beautiful light brown Hall & Hall with wind trolley, beautiful brown Champ porkpie with a back bow, bottom row left: gray Stetson Eagle & Dobbs panama, all hats 7 1/8. The Champ is resting on a plastic hat box that they threw in, it has the original label in it. They smell like cigar smoke and were stored in the attic, a couple are pretty dirty, but the Mallory is the only one that has any moth damage that I can see. I got everything for $110.

A strange thing happened. I gave the Dobbs panama to my daughter and was cleaning it up for her , I put some Lexol on the sweat to soften it up and parts of it got really brittle, so we lost the sweatband , never seen that happen before, have any of you?

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
The Jaxon The Iconoclast came in and it a very cool one . It had a Lapel Pin on the Bow that is a American Motorcycle Association with the number 8 in the center..I removed it as it didn't have anything to do with the hat's style. Here some shots from my HD web cam the sun glasses BTW are Vintage on i pickup from someone off Ebay . I never seen any that are identical.
Just very cool Green glass and great scrolling etching on the metal frames.

Here is the original ad from ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251594961097?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
Thanks . the Glasses I got from guy in south America that normal sells car and motorcycle parts . the have number I guess that is part on them and the name "Chevron" which is the shape of the lenses. The hat is great haven't found another like it on ebay or off. i seen a few but none have the lining ..I think Jaxon sold the name to another company as it's not in their list of hats.
I have few Vintage Sunglasses /Goggle for my Steampunk costuming .

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
Got the Stetson Sovereign in today.. WOW this is great hat. There is small divot from a moth it looks on top(will post on it but it is small) . There is smell of incense. it ok but could use a good cleaning .
Fits great has a great shape . The wife loves it .. Which is a good thing lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe