Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I just nabbed this one earlier. A nice "American Legend" (made by Beaver Brand) 5X Beaver. I've been on the look out for a green hat, and now I've got one! Can't wait for it to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380744740901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Mikespens and I--along with others--have picked up some this lot, too. Mine needed serious recreasing, and the brim could have used a good pouncing. For a modern hat at the price, it was a no-brainer, that's for sure, and it's given me a chance to work on my creasing skills with a hat I didn't really xpcare that much about. In short--nice grab! :)

There is really not much to go on here other than the gold silkscreen printing, which does not appear to express this age. Almost all Borsalinos put up for auction as 1940s and earlier (both imported and hand carried home from Italy) are 1950s, 60s and 70s hats. Perhaps it is different in the U.K. I am not very familiar with women's products though I have seen some for sale in the triangular boxes from the 1950s/60s. I look forward to your report and to being proved wrong! :)

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Those kinds of Borsalino felts seem to show up every now and again and I always wonder what kind of hats they are intended to make.

They are not for fedoras, right? Are they for ladies hats of some kind?

Cool - the question is answered even as I type!

:rofl:

bloc

One of the Regulars
Those kinds of Borsalino felts seem to show up every now and again and I always wonder what kind of hats they are intended to make.

They are not for fedoras, right? Are they for ladies hats of some kind?

Cool - the question is answered even as I type!

:rofl:

;) glad to be of assistance. They would make small cocktail hats/cloches or even the crown of a hat that would have the brim blocked separately and attached later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe