Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

pw018.jpg

pw017.jpg

pw019.jpg

Well this one is definitely an OR, says so. A little tight at 6 7/8 but a gentle stretch should do it.
Tom, the black hat didn't say OR any where, nor did it say Stratoliner, so I assume it's some sort of clone.

Nice pickups Tango and tomb.

A lot of nice wins there... congratulations!

It is almost impossible to rely on cell phone pictures as an indicator of crown blocking. The distortion will make every photo taken from above the brim show a taller and straighter crown than is actually the case.

scooter

Practically Family
Oh yeah, great snags by all. Too many to list each specifically, but some truly wonderful hats acquired by all.

so what's 7.375, 7 3/8 to us mathematically challenged types?

Right, but judging from what I see of the size tag, it could be late 60's. I've never seen a Strat with a square size tag.
Stetson stopped printing "Open Road" on the sweat & had it on a tag that would be hidden by the sweatband.

Checked under sweat, still no model designation, just a generic TAR from Stetson, 3X quality. Based on the black sweat, yeah probably late 60's.

Checked under sweat, still no model designation, just a generic TAR from Stetson, 3X quality. Based on the black sweat, yeah probably late 60's.
Doesn't mean it is not an OR, just that the tag is totally gone. They were perforated & when torn along the perf, the lower part remained behind the sweat but those could come out easily, at least mine did. Anything behind the liner?

No, nothing there either. By the way the liner is glued, not stitched. Still a nice hat, looks hardly worn.
Looks very nice, just like my black OR except mine had a red liner.
Is the stamp on the sweat sideways or up & down oriented? Can't tell from the photo.
Not familiar with the Satellite model. Like to see the box photo if you can....
Just saw buler's photos in Hat Box Homage....also found the ad on the Bay too...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld