Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dunn & Co Bowler Hat

DALBERGIA

New in Town
Hello Everybody,
I'm French and I own a vintage Dunn & Co Bowler Hat that doesn't fit me. It's a 58 centimeters, 7 1/4 (US), 7 1/8 (UK) and my headsize is a good 60 centimeters, 7 1/2 (US), 7 3/8 (UK).
It is a Beautiful hat, really is. It's in perfect shape. I don't know which year it's been made though. But I'd say it's quite "old". I'm very sad I can't wear it.
I will sell it soon and I would like to find the Exactly Same one with the size I need.
Please, Could you let me know if You've seen one like that somewhere on the internet ?
I join you some photos here.
Thank You very much for your Help !
All the Best,

Dalbergia

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
I have one that's almost the same (probably made within a decade of the one you linked to), however it is in a 7 5/8 UK. Dunn bowlers come up all the time on UK and American ebay, however, so you might check there from time to time to see if one is available in your size.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
b377467d2aadbab0817fae5effe24499.jpg

9275f53d3e22e0abbb9527bcc110557d.jpg

Here you go Dalbergia .

DALBERGIA

New in Town
Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot for Your Help !! :)
@ The Wiser Hatter, Thanks for the photos, it's much better like that ! ;)
@ Newturnofphrase, It's too bad yours is not the same with the right size :/ I will keep an eye on Ebay UK and USA.
Thanks guys,
Have a Great Day,

all the Best,

Dalbergia

DALBERGIA

New in Town
Do you think I should keep it and ask a milliner to resize it ? from 58 to 60.
I just called someone in Paris who told me it would work but I'm not too sure it would look great.
Please, can you tell me what you think about it ? Thanks

Dalbergia

DALBERGIA

New in Town
Stretch a Dunn & Co Bowler Hat, does the shape look the same after ?

Hello Everybody,

I called a Milliner company asking if they could stretch, resize my old Dunn & Co Bowler Hat.
It's a 58cm one that I'd like to be 60cm. It doesn't fit me.
The company told me it would work and that the hat would keep its original shape because they work on each sides of the hat, etc.
Do you think it would look the same after ?
Do you -please- have any photos of hats that were stretched/resized ? Before and after photos ?
Please, let me know.
Thanks a lot.

Dalbergia

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
Don't do it, stretching a vintage hard felt hat like that is a recipe for splitting and damage. Just be patient and purchase one when you find one. It'll be cheaper and you won't ruin a classic.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Stretching any hat two sizes is iffy. I stretched a softish western two sizes and it looked terrible. Notice the bulge:

0414092331_640x480.jpg

Stretching a stiff hat two sizes is a recipe for disaster, afaic.

DALBERGIA

New in Town
Thank You very much guys, I won't touch it. I'll sell it and try to find the same ! =)
@scottyrocks I'm sorry it turned out like this :/ I hope you can fix it :/
All the best,
Jimmy

jferro

New in Town
Another Dunn & Co Bowler...

I just received this Dunn & Co bowler from the UK this week. It's not super old, or "vintage" as the seller described it. However, it was never worn. I'd say it's about 30 years old. Your thoughts? By the way, when did Dunn & Co stop making bowlers? The guy that sold it to me didn't know what he had and I got it for under $20.00
dunn_new.jpg
dunn_new2.jpg

ASILUS

New in Town
I am still looking for the exactly same bowler hat, that DALBERGIA had previously offered. If anyone came across such one, please let me know.

diddely

New in Town
Dunn & Co. Bowler, size 7 3/8

I have exactly the same Dunn bowler hat that Dalbergia quoted but in size 7 3/8 UK (60cm) but unfortunately found the thread too late. Am looking for the same, one or two sizes smaller (59 or 58cm). Don't know if they were ever made in size 7 1/4 though (59cm) Mine's in excellent condition. Willing to buy or exchange for my own. Would also consider other brands as long as it's the classic vintage style (upright sides and voluminous/round, as opposed to slightly "tapered")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe