Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Douglas Fairbanks Jnr styled 40's English 3pc DB suit in navy (PICS).

metropd

One Too Many
DASHING MR. PADDY

IT LOOKS GREAT AND THAT DIVINE HAT MAKES A PERFECT ENSEMBLE.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

PS in the picture with your DB suit open I thought for a minute that it was a SB one button simply because I saw the vertical shape of the lapels and it draped well open. Also the vest helps tremendously if you ever get caught by the fashion police for leaving your double breasted suit open.;)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Interestingly, Mr Ben Stephens and myself have noted that a really good double breasted suit jacket will sit open nicely, even if you would never go round with it like that.

I am very fond of the DB suit in general and am glad you found one you like, Paddy!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Details as requested (for the 'detail' aficianados).

Baron Kurtz said:
Lovely. Told you it'd be a winner . . . if possible, could there be close-ups of the suspender/fly buttons? Also, some detail of the Burtons tag with all the sizes on it. There should be at least one in each piece. The trousers one is often the easiest to photograph - inside the right hip pocket - but they're often very worn so there should be one inside the inside breast pocket of the jacket or one of the waistcoat pockets.
bk

Burtons1940suit014-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit012-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit010-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit009-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit007-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit005-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit004-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit003-1.jpg

Burtons1940suit002-1.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Three little words!!!

Dagwood said:
I have 3 words for you: Brill-i-ant!!

How can I possibly ever follow a line like that [huh] Thankyou so much. I just need the autumnal weather now to start wearing this baby properly;) Roll on the autumn (my fav of seasons!).

Ladies and gents, thankyou! (for a while there, I thought I had made a bit of an error with this suit actually[huh] )....:eusa_clap

Kal Kylen

New in Town
Beautiful! I have a suit in a similar fabric, but my suit is a three piece s/b with peak lapels. It also has the CC41 logo inside. I wore it to my University graduation a couple of weeks ago come to think of it :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Hot dog, that's mighty fine!
Enjoy the suit, sir. It looks great on you! Quite a classy piece of history.
:eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Based on all the new suits and leather jackets purchased recently, this autumn is going to be a veritable vintage runway show of well dressed fellas.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hot damn...:eek:

If ever I've seen a stereotypical 40's suit, that would be it...

Modern DB suits can't hold a candle to this.

Great score, Paddy. Really.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, one-and-all!

Ladies and gents, thankyou for the encouraging comments on this little number! It's helped confirm to me that it was worth going for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82