Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don't bother covering when sneezing

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
As I sat at home this rainy afternoon writing Christmas cards ( fewer and fewer each year, eh? ) I caught an early dose of the 12-25 virus; aka, Christmas Spirit. Some years it doesn't appear until just a few days before Christmas, but this year it hit me right in the middle of addressing a card to Uncle Barney and Aunt Norma and listening to "I'll be home for Christmas" on the radio. It's the only virus I hope they never find a cure for, and my wish is that everyone would catch it, and that it would last the year 'round. Oh well, maybe next year.
In the meantime, allow me to pass it on to you (and you, and you, and you )
Atchooooo! There, now you're infected too: go and have yourselves a Merry Little Christmas on me!
Frankie L.

Foofoogal

Banned
oh, I have a bad case of it. Just got back from another Christmas party and ate lots of goodies and am watching Its A Wonderful Life.
After this last year I am trying to squeeze every bit of Christmas out I can.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Frankie, Thank you! I had my handbag stolen last night, so THAT didn't make me feel too Christmassy.

This, a post from someone I don't know, has made me feel a bit better. :)

May the Christmas Spirit join all of you this year.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Rotten luck re the handbag Miss Sis.

Frankie, I know what you mean..I had flu in September, then my son had a virus last week and tonight my throat is raw:(

There is a running joke in the family that I don't know what Christmas dinner tastes like as I always have a festive sniffle....

Hope you feel better soon.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I hope everyone can find some magic and cheer at Christmas time. Sadly, the bugaboos don't take time off, and misfortunes will continue to occur, despite the heartwarming films on tv and the jolly music on the radio.
This time of year doesn't give me the blues, though I know it does affect many in that way, which is a real shame.

As time goes by, I get lazier with decorations, knowing that everything I pull out of the dusty attic boxes will have to get packed up and stashed away again. For the past several years our daughter has taken over the duties, which is fine by me (though she insists on beginning the day after Thanksgiving!).

Recently, people have split up, older kids have married and now divide their holidays amongst both families, and as grandparents and others of the eldest generation pass away, family rituals shift and get redefined.
That's probably why the holidays have a different feel for me now - no Grandmother bringing her pie, no great gathering of people in my house.

I cherish the memories I've collected since childhood, and accept that things will always change.

Currently, staying close to home, spending time with nearby friends, and our daughter and her pals are what make Christmas special.
Two years ago this Christmas Sara got her first pair of ice skates. She could barely stand up on them, and only wobble around the rink holding onto the rail.
Last night she and her friend gave a performance at the downtown outdoor rink. It's beautiful, and the atmosphere defines my current mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXX9FENtw8

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We actually bought a christmas tree this year. I hope FedoraGent and Magneto enjoy it, because they will be at our place for Christmas and we won't be here, but will be at my folks' place near Portland, Oregon!

Foofoogal

Banned
Two years ago this Christmas Sara got her first pair of ice skates. She could barely stand up on them, and only wobble around the rink holding onto the rail.

wow, that is astonishing. she must be practicing every day to do such a fab job in that video. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld