Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does wearing vintage Get you noticed by the opposite sex?

I notice a lot of people here get noticed by the gay community. That's interesting. We really don't have much for such a department in my town, so I've never had such an experience. The older women around here though just eat me up. I remind them of their husbands years ago lol

rue

I notice a lot of people here get noticed by the gay community. That's interesting. We really don't have much for such a department in my town, so I've never had such an experience. The older women around here though just eat me up. I remind them of their husbands years ago lol

I can see why, that's why I love calling you my little brother Tom..... you're just stinkin' cute :D

Boy, never heard those before...

We'll just call it even Stevens...

Oh, I'll Rue the day I made that pun.

C-dot - It was rather priceless...her laughing as he walked off all hangdog was even better.

lol, but rue isn't my real name :p

Tatum

Practically Family
Hmm, this thread has gotten more interesting since the name change! I like where it's going, I feel like I can more safely contribute ;)

I still think confidence and (as Gracie put it) being happy with yourself makes more difference than a vintage wardrobe. However, if wearing such makes you happier like most of us, it shows. Most of us "wear it" as opposed to "it wearing us".

I can't remember who on the FL originally posted that terminology, but it's so true.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I still think confidence and (as Gracie put it) being happy with yourself makes more difference than a vintage wardrobe.

Our vintage wardrobes may indicate a heightened sense of confidence and happiness with ourselves, since we aren't afraid to stand out :) I like how they go hand in hand.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Our vintage wardrobes may indicate a heightened sense of confidence and happiness with ourselves, since we aren't afraid to stand out :) I like how they go hand in hand.

I never really thought of it that way, but I guess you're right - I hate feeling like I blend in with the scenery; I feel much prettier in clothes that fit the way my vintage clothes do.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Even in marriage, you gotta be on your game and be the same guy she met. The potential for them to leave is always there. Which is why one has to be prepared to take a loss. When a person puts the power of their own happiness on someone else, then that other person has the power to take it away. This is one reason why so many guys are depressed and miserable. It sucks being by yourself sometimes, but get a hobby. Make some money, and persue your happiness. When you're content with yourself and your life, it trickles down to the ladies when you meet them.

Take care of your s/o... if you don't, they'll find someone else who will.

Same goes for women

Justin B

One Too Many

I think that's total horse hockey, it sounds like some pitiful try at justification for cheaters. If the person your with thinks that you aren't taking care of them, then they shouldn't be with you, nor you with them. sorry if that sounds harsh, but there are few things worse in my eyes than a cheater.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer

Same goes for women

I think that's total horse hockey, it sounds like some pitiful try at justification for cheaters. If the person your with thinks that you aren't taking care of them, then they shouldn't be with you, nor you with them. sorry if that sounds harsh, but there are few things worse in my eyes than a cheater.

I really think you're both espousing the same general feeling. Cheating is absolutely despicable; if my guy didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated, I'd just leave. Likewise, I would expect him to kick me to the curb if I didn't treat him well. Upon parting, the injured party would likely look for someone who treated them better. The thing that I hated the most about my guy's ex was that she took him for granted. No one should be treated like that, and no one should be cheated on, no matter how much it may appear they deserve it.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with that, to a point. Some people walk out because you're not treating them that well 'that minute'. My last one left because I wouldn't drive almost an hour to her house at 2 in the morning on a workday. To top it off, I was incredibly ill and could hardly stand. It was the only time I had ever not done something she asked.

I really think you're both espousing the same general feeling. Cheating is absolutely despicable; if my guy didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated, I'd just leave. Likewise, I would expect him to kick me to the curb if I didn't treat him well. Upon parting, the injured party would likely look for someone who treated them better. The thing that I hated the most about my guy's ex was that she took him for granted. No one should be treated like that, and no one should be cheated on, no matter how much it may appear they deserve it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld