Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does my hat sit on my head properly?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
Can anyone let me know if my hat is sitting on my head properly? I was worried that maybe it was sitting too high on my head, but I wasn't sure and figured I'd ask for outside opinions.

0V2ztT1.jpeg
uIfXwDE.jpeg
KsgWQRm.jpeg

Shoot, I'm not sure my head sits on my neck properly.

Seriously, it's a matter of taste and head shape. Some folks have more noggin above their ears than others, so the hat may settle higher. Some hats just fit differently and sit a little higher. The advice usually given is it should sit a quarter inch or so above your ears. Yours appears to be a little above that, but it's not unusual.

It would be an easier judgment if we could see your whole head, but if you're comfortable with it, it's all good.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
Shoot, I'm not sure my head sits on my neck properly.

Seriously, it's a matter of taste and head shape. Some folks have more noggin above their ears than others, so the hat may settle higher. Some hats just fit differently and sit a little higher. The advice usually given is it should sit a quarter inch or so above your ears. Yours appears to be a little above that, but it's not unusual.

It would be an easier judgment if we could see your whole head, but if you're comfortable with it, it's all good.
I have an uncropped one showing my whole head, if it will help.

441085860_970701288030919_2228778545958491627_n.jpg

ruvort

One of the Regulars
I agree with the others that the hat seems to sit at an okay height.

My concern is that this hat may actually be too large for you. It could be a trick of the camera, but the sweatband doesn't appear to rest against your head.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602-183845.png
    Screenshot_20240602-183845.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
I have an uncropped one showing my whole head, if it will help.

View attachment 618408
I agree with Fruno. I prefer to wear my hats lower on my head. Just above my brow and that 1/4" above the top of my ear. But it is very much a matter of personal taste.

I would ask you; how does the hat feel to you? Is is comfortable? Does the hat seem to fit you with 360 degree contact between sweat band and your head? If you are a long oval head shape and wearing a regular oval it will be tight at the forehead with a gap at the temples. If wearing a stiff reg oval hat on a long oval head, the hat might seem to wobble on the head as the contact is limited to front and back....no contact on the sides.

shopkin

Familiar Face
I say the number one thing is comfort. You should like the way it looks and feels and soon forget it's up there. The number two thing is not falling off when you bend over. If you cover those two things then you're good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld