Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes...

BigFitz

Practically Family
S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald sank 36 years ago today with a loss of all hands.

Rest In Peace
Edmund_Fitzgerald_NOAA.jpg

On our honeymoon about 20 years ago, we visited Whitefish Point, MI near where the Fitzgerald went down.
There have been hundreds of other ships to go down in that area as well through the years.
It's a very humbling experience to stand there on the shore and look out at the bay and the lake beyond.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

One of the museums in Duluth had quite a bit of information on the Edmund Fitzgerald. I always thought it was odd that a ship sank in a lake, until I saw the lake.

Later

BigFitz

Practically Family
On our honeymoon about 20 years ago, we visited Whitefish Point, MI near where the Fitzgerald went down.
There have been hundreds of other ships to go down in that area as well through the years.
It's a very humbling experience to stand there on the shore and look out at the bay and the lake beyond.[/QUOTE

I visited Whitefish Point about 15 years ago. The Great Lakes Shipwreck museum located there has the bell of BigFitz on display. Was the museum operating when you visited?

It is a desolate but beautiful spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe