Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor.... Who? Spoilers! Really, don't read if ur not up to date.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'd like to see that. Was Bradley the actor that played Hartnell in the BBC drama about the origins of the show? (I've yet to see that myself, but I hear it's good.)
Yes, he was and it was quite good, surprisingly good. I enjoyed it immensely.

After I read the internet rumor about them possibly filming lost episodes, I began to think of the possibility of recasting former Doctors rather than creating a new one. So, instead of a 13th, go black and begin the season with a new Fourth Doctor, or Third, or First! Sacrilege, yes, but interesting.

Superb writing on this season's episode. Listen was stupendous and The Orient Express-one (name escapes me) was also quite good. The writing has been solid and less showy.

Still, there is something off... It could be the companion interaction. I'm unsure.

2e4bcf21ef485a9672eb58fd9c6baf8f.jpg

Ready for Halloween.

Dude! Great costumes, all of them. "Where is My Mummy" is my favorite, but little David Tennant is a close second. :eusa_clap Very creative with the Dalek costume! Just awesome.
And who are you, Dale? A Weeping Angel? :p

Thanks Harv. The baby is the weeping (crying, more accurately) angel of the bunch. After going to every thrift shop in central Alabama hunting for parts for costumes for everyone, I didn't have energy or $$$ left for myself. Maybe I can scratch up something by Friday.

Edward

Bartender
I always wanted to do a party themed on the idea of the "next" Doctor.... i.e. come dressed as how you would dress a new Doctor. Could be fun...

Edward

Bartender
They're obviously building up to a big reveal as to who Missy is. My money is on the Master, but Moffat has been known to change things fairly last minute just to try and find something that people haven't guessed (always a bad idea. Sometimes thed reason noone has guessed a particular option is because it's especially stupid and ruins the show; for paradigm examples, see Rose = Badwolf, and the ending of Life on Mars USA). It's possible it'll turn out to be something ridiculously convoluted that makes no narrative sense but gets included to stroke Moffat's ego in yet another "me so clever" ruination of something in which he's involved. I should be more hopeful than that, but Moffat has form.

This week's episode - the London jungle - was, overall, nice (notably, another one not written by Moffat), but I wish they'd cool it with having bloody kids all over the place. They're even more grating than Clara, and that takes some doing.

Thanks Dixie, but I can't take the credit. The empty child, little David Tennant, and my wife cooked it all up. Believe me, Rose Tyler there took a lot of hard selling from her brothers not to be Elsa from Frozen.

Last edited:

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
They're obviously building up to a big reveal as to who Missy is. My money is on the Master, but Moffat has been known to change things fairly last minute just to try and find something that people haven't guessed (always a bad idea. Sometimes thed reason noone has guessed a particular option is because it's especially stupid and ruins the show; for paradigm examples, see Rose = Badwolf, and the ending of Life on Mars USA). It's possible it'll turn out to be something ridiculously convoluted that makes no narrative sense but gets included to stroke Moffat's ego in yet another "me so clever" ruination of something in which he's involved. I should be more hopeful than that, but Moffat has form.

This week's episode - the London jungle - was, overall, nice (notably, another one not written by Moffat), but I wish they'd cool it with having bloody kids all over the place. They're even more grating than Clara, and that takes some doing.

Agreed! Getting tired of the kids everywhere too. I get it, they're teachers. Enough already.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Am I the only one hoping Paradise will turn out to be the computer "Cal" from Silence in the Library? Kinda hoping River would show up. That'd be a surprise!

Edward

Bartender
I had a feeling that she was The Master.

That's the blindingly obvious option.... though that said, being blindingly obvious isn't necessarily bad. It's when they go out of their way to surprise us and thus pick something noone will guess simply because noone will guess it that they go wrong.....

I liked Dark Water a lot. I just hope they don't ruin it by jumping on the easy "happy" ending. I've got my fingers crossed for Clara's untimely (only in the sense that it should have happened long, long ago) death. Daren't get my hopes up, though, with Moffat still around. They can make episodes like this that hint to a return to former glories all they like, but until Moffat is out, it'll never recover quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken