Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you know that?

jaco

Suspended
Hi all

Saturday in my hat wanderings I went to a nice shop in Milan: Cabella, Viale Monza 20 (if someone come in Italy...go to visit that small but nice shop).
The owner is a very nice person: almost two hours of conversation between me and him (a very smart person son and grandchild of hatter) upon various arguments fedora-related.
He's the only "Barbisio" (modern brand) reseller in Milan: I undercovered that actually Barbisio is a "Cappellificio Cervo" brand and, as someone here knows yet, the "Cervo" products actually are maybe the best fur felt in Italy (even better than Borsalino at a 25 to 30 % less in prices).
I saw many beuties in that shop and hope that the seller start an online merchant becaus I can assure you that the hats are magnificent.
See you

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
The most worn of all my hats is a vintage Barbisio. I would love to have a couple more. Any more info you have about Barbisio or Cervo would be greatly appreciated.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Craig,
Search Cervo and you'll see that the reviews of the modern incarnations of that brand are not so good, including several such posts by besdor.

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
craigwoods2.jpg

This is my Barbisio, by the way.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The original Barbisio factory closed in the mid 1980's. The hats being made today are by Cervo of Sagliano Micca . A nice hat , but not the same as the original. They are however trying to increase the quality. I saw a pure beaver hat made by them recently. It was very nice.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info, Steven. I knew that they went out of business, but I didn't realize that Cervo had picked up the brand. Shame about the quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld