Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Slim, all well and good, but if you don't know where to send them to...

I doubt "General Delivery, Malmo, Sweden" works for FTD or 1-800-Flowers, y'know?;)

And that's when the "target" is so helpful, such as Darhling has been, as to be forthcoming with info about the optimal "weapon of choice"...lol
So you're saying that you have no idea where to send flowers to most of the women in your life? As I said, my mom, my sister, my co-workers, my dates, heck on a few occasions even the lovely ladies who assisted me in the flower shop, all have received flowers. And if it's a real crush, so much the better. It's an easy thing to do, it's fun for all parties involved (as long as there are no major misunderstandings, which is why I mentioned the notes and the Language of Flowers), and remember that as a rule Women Do Not Get Enough Flowers!

I have a friend who is almost fifty. She has been married more than once, and she is both a mother and a grandmother. I bought her a bouquet of flowers once for absolutely no reason. She told me that no one had ever in her entire life given her flowers. This is a sad state of affairs.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShooShooBaby said:
i actually don't like getting flowers.

all women = not the same. [huh]

I'll take yours!

But of course I love orchid plants too.

:eek:fftopic: LocktownDog, any tips one getting them to rebloom? The grow like mad, they are glossy and healthy and green and put out new leaves... but never a spike.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
I'll take yours!

:eek:fftopic: LocktownDog, any tips one getting them to rebloom? The grow like mad, they are glossy and healthy and green and put out new leaves... but never a spike.

Some orchids do not rebloom in the same spike, some do. It depends on the variety.

I cut just below the last (bottom bloomed flower) and sometimes I will get a new spike of flowers.

zaika

One Too Many
i had a crush on a dude who immediately turned around and got himself engaged. lol. whatever. my crushes are few and far between. as far as forum crushes...the older gentlemen are in my favor!

the only time, ever, i recieved flowers from someone was when i got my appendicts (sp?) out this past new year's day. and i got them from three different groups of people. lol they were so pretty! and i was so touched that these people thought of me. i never understood how cool it would be to get flowers as a kind gesture from someone until then.

so now i buy 'em every so often to spice up my desk...but it's not the same as knowing someone is thinking of you. [huh]

i guess some ladies just naturally inspire the gifting of flowers!! :p

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Delivery fail

zaika said:
why? you live in the boonies?
dhfail.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
I'll take yours!

cut the stems right over the third eye, for some reason all my orchids (I got 7 or 8 in my apartment keep re-flowering 2-3 times a year.

I once had 3 planted together - looked amazing!

Foto54.jpg

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Darhling said:
cut the stems right over the third eye, for some reason all my orchids (I got 7 or 8 in my apartment keep re-flowering 2-3 times a year.

I once had 3 planted together - looked amazing!

Foto54.jpg

wow, those look so perfect they almost look good enough to be fake! :eek:

Slim Portly said:
So you're saying that you have no idea where to send flowers to most of the women in your life?

Slim, your first mistake is assuming I even have a life to begin with...lol Let's put it this way, about the only real long-term relationships I have are my mother (even then it's more "business" than "family", and she's not very interested in things "impractical") and staff at various local restaurants, libraries and bookstores (which would generally make such a move rather "awkward"). OTOH, your recommended reference is potentially "one more tool in the bag"... I was also attempting to go for the indirect "Shameless Flirt", too.lol

Good points, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld