Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do many of you sew?

Snookie

Practically Family
Fletch said:
For one thing, I never did the requisite Run Thru the Fingernail. I'm not looking forward to it, but like the Shellback ritual, it's out there, waiting.

I guess I'm full-fledged! I sewed through my fingernail once (and it only takes once!). I was making a formal dress with a ruched center bodice overlay, and was paying way more attention to the fabric than to where my fingers were. Luckily, though the needle broke the nail, about halfway down, it stopped from going into the finger itself.

That dress turned out to be about my favorite thing I've ever made, though.

These days, I don't sew as much as I'd like. I started a sewing room "redo" on Labor Day, and it's still not done. Getting closer, though!

Tomasso, that's a nice shank. I never leave enough clearance on my buttons.

PrinceHarming

New in Town
I have been sewing for about half my life, but Im only 16 so thats not too long. I make stuuf mostly for friends, because men'swear is troubling. and I have made somethings and sold them. I have just now got into making myself somthing. like I said, I have made a shirt and I'm working on another, and I have some vintage pants that are falling part so im just taking them part and making them into a pattern. Im also working on a 50s/60s style bathing suit. I'm gettin close to it being right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe